Branson brand to be discontinued?

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #1  

CloverKnollFarms

Elite Member
Tractor
TYM4820H
On another forum, someone leaked a document, like a Q&A for dealers regarding the end of the Branson brand, to be replaced by TYM in full.

Now, I know how the internet is... but a dealer on that same forum would not dispute it as truth, and said only that they contractually cannot discuss this with customers at this time.

The post was removed, but not before some took screen shots of the document, which then prompted robust debate, and that is when someone known to be a dealer spoke up.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #2  
I hope not. That would go directly against everything they have said would be the case.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued?
Several people have confirmed it to be true on that group. I don’t know that the tractors are going away, but they will be TYM branded... not Branson. I don’t think dealers are allowed to discuss sensitive dealer/corporate communications with customers.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #5  
I think if they were to consolidate they would be further ahead to eliminate TYM and not Branson. Could be a name thing too. Maybe they will just rebadge Branson as TYM. The tractor business is constant evolving into something that it isn't today. In any case I am not worried about whatever happens and will pay little attention to web based speculation and rumors.

Maybe I will start a rumor that Jinma is taking over Kubota just to watch people fidget😰

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #7  
But the Facebook pages have been going crazy this morning about it.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued?
They really have. I’m not sure it has much of a material impact. It could have an impact on used prices when that name goes away. I don’t think TYM will lack support for the Branson branded tractor. But I think buyer sentiment will be to shy away from something from a discontinued brand. I’ve looked at the TYM tractors, and like them, I just lacked a dealer... but I have a few current Branson dealers who will now probably become TYM.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #9  
I know my Branson dealer was a TYM dealer and dropped them for Branson some years back. I don’t know if he will be willing to pick back up the TYM line. I am still holding out hope that this is a rumor.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #10  
Straight from a dealer on the same Facebook group:

"Here is the reality, the management was not planning on releasing the information yet because it was not due to be release until 4th quarter or 1st quarter next year. It is not clear how the information got out from those in the know. It wasn't bei g released because the plans ibviously were not finalized. The dealers, I am a dealer, were caught off guard. Certainly some panicked thinking they might lose their dealership. We dealers have invested heavily in the Branson name and product. We have been told that the Branson lineup and TYM lineup will remain but as of right now both under the TYM name. As in the same Branson Tractor will just have a TYM label on it but be the same tractor. The engines and loaders are currently shared. Not doubt at some point the lineup will be merged. Hopefully the management will look at sales numbers and keep the better selling models. The Branson dealers would like to keep the Branson name. This is not the first time this has happened when companies merge. Usually names are combined for a period of time. It is not clear yet whether TYM management will see the value in the Branson name. Certainly voicing your opinion in a civilized and respectful manner could be influential."

Someone decided to leak stuff they shouldn't that had really no concise info and now created an entire mess for no reason. We shall wait and see what this will bring.

I did read a month or two ago that Branson actually had a lot better sales than TYM, unfortunately, I can't find that article again to prove that. I think it was on one of those paid subscriptions websites like Ag Equipment Intelligence and somehow I managed to read it once?