Branson advise

/ Branson advise #11  
I looked at Branson tractors earlier this year and thought it would fit my needs. I was looking at the 5520H. I have a dealer who was only 10 miles from me which is nice to have. He didn't have any in stock but did have tractors on order. Move ahead 8 months to now and I ended up buying a LS. The dealer I referred to has not received 1 Branson tractor this year. I also looked at another Branson dealer about 60 miles away but they only got a few tractors this year and since Sept were saying no cab tractors until next year due to a "glass shortage". Branson may be supplying tractors somewhere but not in my area. All that being said, I probably would have bought a Branson if the dealers had what I wanted at the time (I won't order something unless I have seen it in person) but both dealers have looked at other franchises to sell due to this issue. l don't regret buying the LS since it was at the same or lower price point than the Branson with more standard features. I also looked at the Kubota MX series and can't say anything bad about Kubota except for the price. They by far have the best dealer network in my area. If you can get the Branson in a reasonable time and the dealer is in it for the long haul I think you will be satisfied with your purchase.

/ Branson advise #12  

The fundamental importance of TRACTOR WEIGHT eludes many tractor shoppers. Tractor capability is more closely correlated to tractor weight than any other specification.

Branson 3520H Dimensions​

Dimensions
Wheelbase:70.9 inches
180 cm
Length:130 inches
330 cm
Width:64 inches
162 cm *
Height (ROPS):98 inches
248 cm
Weight:4053 lbs
1838 kg
Ground clearance:12.7 inches
32 cm

Kubota L3901 Dimensions​

Kubota L3901 Weight
2WD Gear :2590 lbs
1174 kg
4WD Gear :2767 lbs
1255 kg
4WD Hydro :2778 lbs
1260 kg

Wheelbase:63.3 inches
160 cm
Width:55.1 inches
139 cm
Height (ROPS):91.7 inches
232 cm
2WD Ground clearance:13.6 inches
34 cm
4WD Ground clearance:13.4 inches
34 cm
Front tread:41.3 inches
104 cm (2WD)
Front tread:43.1 inches
109 cm (4WD)
Rear tread:43.8/47.1/50.8 inches
111/119/129 cm

Last edited:
   / Branson advise
It depends on your intentions. Do you anticipate trading or selling sometime, or keeping it forever? The Kubota may cost more new but will bring a higher percentage in resale value.
Honestly, I try to do enough research to spend money once. I plan on keeping it for a long time. It’s doubtful that I’ll outgrow it and besides, my neighbor has a good sized Kubota! Lol

/ Branson advise #14  
Between a Branson 3620 and a Kubota L01 I'd pick the Branson hands down. In fact I did. Except for the fuel injection the L01s are rather primitive. The weight and loader capacity difference is significant.

/ Branson advise #15  

The fundamental importance of DEALERSHIP ACCESS eludes many new tractor shoppers.​

Tractor satisfaction is more closely correlated to a friendly and competent local DEALERSHIP than to any other specification.r.​

The dealership figures even larger when looking at a Branson 6 year/1000 hr "bumper to bumper" warranty. That's a long warranty for a tractor.

If your dealer is near by and established the Branson seems like a decent choice. Be sure to read through the Branson forum here on TBN.

How far away is your local Branson dealer? If necessary, who pays for hauling the tractor? Are tractors his main business? Did you check out his service dept? Does he have a mobile service truck & mechanic?

rScotty

Last edited:
   / Branson advise #16  
Stay with the Branson, your neighbor is right Kubota is a good tractor and so is Branson. I know first hand.

/ Branson advise
Thank you all for your opinion’s and advice, I really appreciate it. As for the dealer, been in the tractor business for quite some time and is 12 miles from my home. Seems to be a strong dealership. I hope I have enough patience for the wait! Lol.

/ Branson advise #19  
Pics are good

/ Branson advise
Will definitely post some pics. It might be a little while tho. The dealership said it could be after the first of the year before it hits our shores!😖