Branson 3820i

/ Branson 3820i #1  

bobmisi

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 3820i
Going down to buy a new 3820i with loader on Monday. All ready worked out a real good price. Anyone have any suggestions of adjustments to this tractor that I should have the dealer make before delivery. I plan to have him fill the rear tires with rim guard, and add a set of front remotes for a power angle blade I will buy this fall to plow my long driveway. Next year I may add a backhoe to round out this tractor. Any suggestions will be appreciated. By the way I will be trading in a mint 1968 Allis D-12 series III to finally step into the 21st century. I have a mint loader for a Allis D-10 / D-12 if anyone is interested.

/ Branson 3820i #2  
The only suggestion I have is to post pics and make a report so we can all appreciate it with you.

/ Branson 3820i #3  
I don't know about the dealer but you need to pick it up very early, cancel all appointments, take the phone off the hook and pack a lunch, maybe even dinner. They do come with lights!
I've had my 3510 for 3 years now and the WOW!! still hasn't worn off yet!

/ Branson 3820i #4  
I live in CT, what dealer did you use?

You will love the machine! Do take the day off from work!

/ Branson 3820i
Bought it at Foskett Equipment, as my son works there. They are really selling well.

/ Branson 3820i #6  
I bought mine from Coastal, they too were great! I just got a Jinma chipper from coastal as well, I have been working it hard!

I wanted rear remotes for my 4720 and Coastal didn't have them in stock at the time, so I got them at Foskett, who at the time did stock them. They were also great to deal with! I probably met your son.

With two great dealer in CT, I am sure Branson will do well in this state!

Bob

/ Branson 3820i #7  
You want to be careful here -- mine is more addictive than the first cordless drill I ever bought! You may also want to think about geting a set of pallet forks - I am constantly amazed at the things i can pick up with them so much easier than with the bucket. (like the baby grand sized chunks of limestone I built a retaining wall out of this winter) Shuttle is great!
I had some seat time helping a friend on his place driving his D-17, D-19, IH 406, and 1967 yellow JD backhoe before I got my little red toy -- but even he has been surprised at some of the things I can do with my 35 HP.
(and did I mention how much I like the shuttle shift?)

good luck and enjoy!

/ Branson 3820i
My 3820 is great, but I'm not thrilled about the way it goes in and out of four wheel drive, very hard. Also the shuttle shift lever is very stiff. I'm hoping it gets better with age, but I'm not sure the four wheel drive will. Anyone out there in Bransonland having these problems? Driveline seems to have a bind in 4wd with the large R4 tires. Tractor only has 2 hours on it.

/ Branson 3820i #9  
bobmisi said:
My 3820 is great, but I'm not thrilled about the way it goes in and out of four wheel drive, very hard. Also the shuttle shift lever is very stiff. I'm hoping it gets better with age, but I'm not sure the four wheel drive will. Anyone out there in Bransonland having these problems? Driveline seems to have a bind in 4wd with the large R4 tires. Tractor only has 2 hours on it.

When your tractor is in 4WD it will naturally bind when turning or on
uneven surface.
To go in and out of 4WD you should always try to be rolling slow and straight,
this will help.
Running 4WD on road is not good for your tractor or tires
The shuttle shift lever will also get better with use and experience.
All of the above is normal.
Gene

/ Branson 3820i #10  
The 4x4 binding is common on most tractors,as stated earlier,roll while disengaging to relieve the load. For the shuttle being stiff we would usually lube them b4 delivery. Try spray grease or a good lube via spray can with a tube extension at the linkage at the base of the steering column as well as at the shuttle area. It should help smooth it out as well as the more you use it it will improve but the lube makes a big differance