Branson 2910i tractor dies while in use.

/ Branson 2910i tractor dies while in use. #21  
I don't know that tractor at all--not many around here--but if it has a settling bowl in the fuel line, there is likely a filter in that which may be stopped up. If so, that could cause intermittant problems.

/ Branson 2910i tractor dies while in use. #22  
How is the stop solenoid mounted or connected to the injector pump? Any way to remove it? This would eliminate a safety switch failing or faulty wiring as problem if engine still dies.
Locate the manual shut off before doing this so you can shut the engine off.

/ Branson 2910i tractor dies while in use. #23  
If you start by seeing if you have fuel free flowing
from the fuel tank then go to the next stop until you
find what put the brakes on.

willy

/ Branson 2910i tractor dies while in use.
Ok brother came over Saturday, I had already looked under tractor at fuel tanks , impossible to check fuel lines without dropping support frame,unless I can find a tank I will not attempt this. Here is what we did
1. disconnected fuel line from tank to lift pump added 5/16 fuel line ( new hose) to lift pump other end of hose to 1gal fresh diesel fuel can, tested to see fuel if fuel running freely, it was, continued with test, tractor started strong and died suddenly .Bled injectors, very little air was released, tried starting tractor again and it wouldn’t make a sound, we decided it is electrical issue ,got it started again with same result. So it has to be electrical. All suggestions appreciated. Thank you, for all your help. Ps I’m down for awhile fell landed on back very uncomfortable , will need to heal some, 72 year old body didn’t like this fall.

Thank you for this, I used suggestion. I also pumped all diesel out of tank.our landfill has oil, filter, fuel recovery, I have 55gal sealed plastic barrel I use for this.

I will update status of tractor. Took hose off lift pump connecte
So you do not have a fuel cap anymore? Is there anything to keep trash from getting into the tank? If not, there definitely could be trash cutting of the fuel supply from the tank.

It will not be a bad fuseable link. When that blows the starter would not spin at all.
we by-passed fuel tank connected a 5/16” fuel hose to fuel lift pump with other end in clean 1gal diesel can, tractor started strong , then about 3 mins. just died. We tried starting but this time tractor wouldn’t make a sound, clutch in jiggle key, finally started worked tractor started, but died immediately, so it would seem problem is electrical.

How is the stop solenoid mounted or connected to the injector pump? Any way to remove it? This would eliminate a safety switch failing or faulty wiring as problem if engine still dies.
Locate the manual shut off before doing this so you can shut the engine off.
Have replaced fuel shut off solenoid twice, after removing the what showed to be a bad one,what a challenge, after my brother showed me what to remove and buying thin flat wrenches, replaced it again. I want to know is wire going to
solenoid a resistor wire? and where would I buy wire that excites solenoid!

/ Branson 2910i tractor dies while in use. #28  
Tractor shows all fuses good, fuel shutoff solenoid getting 12.2 v, new fuel filter, air filter, will idle and drive about 100 ft then die, I am wondering if fuel pump or injectors are bad?
If it starts and runs for awhile, it is unlikely to be the fuel pump or injectors. I'd suspect the cap, tank, solenoid, filter container or connections sucking air, and hoses collapsing or sucking air all before looking farther.

Last edited:
After checking fuel ,I agree it is not fuel, it is electrical, the wire to fuel shut off solenoid was burnt,we cut wire out and replaced with regular wire. After reading repair manual , looks like we cut out the dionde, we kept piece it is thicker, so it would seem it is wiring to fuel shut off , thanks will keep updated .

/ Branson 2910i tractor dies while in use. #30  
It seems like the root of the problem is the busted fuel tank. Perhaps if you tell us the model Branson, somebody can help you find a tank?