Branson 2515h Range Shifter Issue

/ Branson 2515h Range Shifter Issue #1  

Jason1118

Tractor
Branson 2515H
Hello

I've been having an issue with my Branson 2515h over the past couple of months not shifting on the range shifter (A,B,C). Found the spring pin was sheared off, so I was able to get another one and get it replaced. Once replaced, it seems that there is still no resistance in the shifter lever.

Also, when I pulled the lever shift lever off the range shift shaft moved out as well. It seems to freely pull out of the transmission housing to at the second o-ring on the shaft (labeled 6 on the picture)

Pulled the picture from a service manual I found for the 15 series, although it does not specifically cover the 2515 model (covers 3015 and up), it does look just like mine.

Is there something that I'm missing, or is it possible that something inside of the transmission is broken? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1693872506270.png

Attachments

• 1693872460434.png
    1693872460434.png
    909 bytes · Views: 60
   / Branson 2515h Range Shifter Issue #2  
Probably get better help with this question in the Branson section.

There are a couple of people who are pretty good with Branson questions.

@K5lwq @Asteral @ptsg

Sorry if I left anyone out!

/ Branson 2515h Range Shifter Issue #3  
Hello

I've been having an issue with my Branson 2515h over the past couple of months not shifting on the range shifter (A,B,C). Found the spring pin was sheared off, so I was able to get another one and get it replaced. Once replaced, it seems that there is still no resistance in the shifter lever.

Also, when I pulled the lever shift lever off the range shift shaft moved out as well. It seems to freely pull out of the transmission housing to at the second o-ring on the shaft (labeled 6 on the picture)

Pulled the picture from a service manual I found for the 15 series, although it does not specifically cover the 2515 model (covers 3015 and up), it does look just like mine.

Is there something that I'm missing, or is it possible that something inside of the transmission is broken? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 819587
The range shift shaft #6 should be captured by the range shifter #2. When you move the lever it should slide the shift fork back and forth to move the gears. The top of the transmission will likely need to be pulled to see what is going on.

/ Branson 2515h Range Shifter Issue
Thanks for the input so far. Not sure that I'm comfortable tearing into the transmission, but I may dig into it this weekend.

Any idea what the un-numbered part/piece is beyond number 6 to the left?

1693875387138.png

/ Branson 2515h Range Shifter Issue #5  
That should come attached to #6 and it will fit in #2. Did you rotate the shaft putting the pin in by chance? If so maybe it is upside down?

IMG_1930.jpeg

/ Branson 2515h Range Shifter Issue #6  
Hello Jason, the 2515 is not that old of a model. Is it out of warranty? Any reason for not wanting the dealer involved in case the warranty is still up to date?

Anyway, pull some pictures of the service manual for a better context. Looks like you may be able to access that area (although half blocked by the diff lock) by removing the rockshaft housing. Which is still quite a job but a lot better than having to split the tractor.

You can find the service manual directly for a 2515 using the Bad Boy website. The Bad Boy 4025 is the same exact tractor as the 2515. Here is the link to the service manual: https://badboymowers.com/images/tractors/manuals/2021_BBT_Service_Manual_40_Series.pdf

The biggest difference of the 2515 vs the higher HP models is the PTO gears. The 2515 is only rated to 2200 RPM which requires different gearing at the PTO to achieve the 540 RPM with that low engine RPM. The other models are rated at 2600 RPM. A lot of people want to turn up their 2515 HP but don't realize they will over speed their PTO but I digress. :)

Part #2 on the parts diagram is the same as in the pictures.

1693904291982.png

/ Branson 2515h Range Shifter Issue
K5lwq, that's the first thing that popped in my head, but I do not believe it was rotated. I think I will take it back apart and check though. Hope to get on it this evening.

ptsg, appreciate the info and the manual link! I believe the warranty is still intact, but it's over an hour to my closest service dealer, so trying do it myself if possible. If it comes to opening up the trans, I'll likely get it to the dealer.

/ Branson 2515h Range Shifter Issue #8  
Did this ever get resolved. I have a 2515 with exact same problem as Jason1118?

/ Branson 2515h Range Shifter Issue #9  
Hello

View attachment 819587
Hello,
Has anyone had trouble with the Spring Pin (9) for the gear shift lever, on the schematic shear in half?
I have had the same trouble as Jason1118 with the transmission on my 2515H but the pin sheared. Any thoughts or suggestions to replace with a more solid pin that wont shear? Thank you.

/ Branson 2515h Range Shifter Issue #10  
Hello,
Has anyone had trouble with the Spring Pin (9) for the gear shift lever, on the schematic shear in half?
I have had the same trouble as Jason1118 with the transmission on my 2515H but the pin sheared. Any thoughts or suggestions to replace with a more solid pin that wont shear? Thank you.
Either get another roll pin, then jam a smaller one inside the first one or just use a grade 8 bolt. The bolt may have some play though, I would rather go with the roll pin.

Also, a friendly reminder for pretty much everyone in the tractor world, if the lever is not sliding into gear, don't force it. It will only break or bend stuff eventually. It gets expensive when it breaks stuff inside the transmission.

These are straight cut gears that need to be aligned just right. Let the tractor roll slowly a little bit while applying gentle pressure on the lever. Same applies for the 4WD lever.