Brake master cylinder 1 or 2?

/ Brake master cylinder 1 or 2? #1  

Canuck10

Tractor
Zetor 5211
I have a 5211 that the left brake pedal goes right to the floor. There is no brake fluid leaking and the reservoir is still full, so I am assuming the master cylinder is probably at fault.
Does this unit have separate master cylinders for the left and right brake pedals?

Appreciate some insight.

/ Brake master cylinder 1 or 2? #2  
Yes it has, and a pressure equalizer on the side of the gear box

/ Brake master cylinder 1 or 2?
Yes it has, and a pressure equalizer on the side of the gear box

Thank you Agvg.
I am not able to see the master cyl so assume it must be under the housing that supports the steering/throttle, is this correct? If so does all the electrical have to be removed to get that housing off?

Appreciate your advise.

/ Brake master cylinder 1 or 2? #4  
2 masters, three slaves, 1 reservoir, a leak somewhere and loose all fluid u loose all brakes and clutch, btw the brake master cylinders can been seen if u remove
the dust shield at the forward console, easier to see it with hood up.

/ Brake master cylinder 1 or 2? #5  
i have been improving mine through the time i have owned it, here u can see i separated the reservoirs for the brake and clutch cyls.

Attachments

• 20201021_082100.jpg
    20201021_082100.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 229
2 masters, three slaves, 1 reservoir, a leak somewhere and loose all fluid u loose all brakes and clutch, btw the brake master cylinders can been seen if u remove
the dust shield at the forward console, easier to see it with hood up.

Thanks Bayfisher, I haven't lost any brake fluid and don't see any movement at the slave, so I have assumed the problem to be the master on my left brake pedal. It goes to the floor without any resistance.
I see the cab I have to remove to get at the master and was wondering if the removal of the cab might be quite involved by having to remove the rest of the gear behind the cab like the throttle linkage and electrical stuff.
I guess the best way to find out is to tear into it.

Regards

i have been improving mine through the time i have owned it, here u can see i separated the reservoirs for the brake and clutch cyls.

Good idea to help determine where the source of a problem might be coming from. Nice little reservoirs you have there.

/ Brake master cylinder 1 or 2? #8  
open hood, from hood area look towards the rear u will see a plastic panel hiding the master cylinders, remove that panel and u can see the rear of the cylinders,
and gain access to the banjo fittings to the masters, if u dont have a service and repair manual then get one, it helps greatly.

these tractors are very simple to service and repair even though they are cech.

open hood, from hood area look towards the rear u will see a plastic panel hiding the master cylinders, remove that panel and u can see the rear of the cylinders,
and gain access to the banjo fittings to the masters, if u dont have a service and repair manual then get one, it helps greatly.

these tractors are very simple to service and repair even though they are cech.

Thanks again Mike, oddly enough I do have a factory service manual however is is not very descript and doesn't have any pictures for the master.

The manual says to " Remove the cover in front of the dashboard (behind the engine)". With your info I assume this must mean the panel you are referring to. My panel is rivetted in place and there is very little space to drill them out. Even with that panel off it looks like it would still be real tight to get between the engine and the master to work.
I think I am still going to try and remove the cover that houses the electrical/masters to gain better access.

Thanks for the advise.

/ Brake master cylinder 1 or 2? #10  
the parts manual has the pics, u must have a fel mounted to ur 5211, here is a couple pic that may help.

Attachments

• 20181120_131026.jpg
    20181120_131026.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 234
  • 20181119_161301.jpg
    20181119_161301.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 228