Box Blade Cultivator

/ Box Blade Cultivator #1  

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
Since I never purchased a Dirt Devil type cultivator I've used my Box Blade some times. By dropping the rippers max and tilting up the box itself max, I can bust up the top 5-8 inches at the end of the garden season. The Dirt Devil type attachment would work better, but I'm running out of money and space to park another attachment.

Cheers,
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_3441.JPG
    IMG_3441.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 91
   / Box Blade Cultivator #2  
Since I never purchased a Dirt Devil type cultivator I've used my Box Blade some times. By dropping the rippers max and tilting up the box itself max, I can bust up the top 5-8 inches at the end of the garden season. The Dirt Devil type attachment would work better, but I'm running out of money and space to park another attachment.

Cheers,
Mike
I did the same thing for a few years with the boxblade rippers. Then we started adding heaps of compost, upwards of 1-foot high. Well, the rippers just didn't work as nice as a disc harrow. The rippers took a few hours, the disc harrow about 15mins.

DSCF7674md.jpg

DSCF8969md.jpg

/ Box Blade Cultivator #3  
Nothing wrong with using what you got. Sure you could do a “better” job with a field cultivator or tiller but like you said that’s another implement and more money. Looking good in your picture.

/ Box Blade Cultivator #4  
Nothing wrong with using what you got. Sure you could do a “better” job with a field cultivator or tiller but like you said that’s another implement and more money. Looking good in your picture.
He could pull a 6x8 fence behind the rippers. This would help grade it nicely to break up the clumps. This is a cheap thing to do. I did just that. With a cable, you don't have to leave the seat.