Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ?

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #31  
Depends upon how long you want to keep your truck I guess. In Canada in the warmer eastern provinces if you spray a rust inhibiting oil like Krown, Fluid Film or Rust Check under your vehicles and inside door panels every fall before the salt appears on the road you can keep your vehicles rust free indefinitely. It is worth the $130 per vehicle when you consider what a new one costs.

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #32  
They spray a mix of calcium chloride on the roads here in the winter as a pre treatment I believe. I could be very well be incorrect, but sounds right...

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #33  
I’d like to have seen pictures of that. I’m not doubting you, it’s just something that is very uncommon. Someone comes on the F150 forum asking now and then about any corrosion issues with the aluminum F150’s and I have yet to see or hear of one.

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #34  
Depends upon how long you want to keep your truck I guess. In Canada in the warmer eastern provinces if you spray a rust inhibiting oil like Krown, Fluid Film or Rust Check under your vehicles and inside door panels every fall before the salt appears on the road you can keep your vehicles rust free indefinitely. It is worth the $130 per vehicle when you consider what a new one costs.
I wouldn't say indefinitely, but it does add several years to a vehicle's life.

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #35  
I’d like to have seen pictures of that. I’m not doubting you, it’s just something that is very uncommon. Someone comes on the F150 forum asking now and then about any corrosion issues with the aluminum F150’s and I have yet to see or hear of one.

Are you asking to see a picture of the corrosion/rust? I wish I could, but it was 5 years ago I had my truck fixed I bet.

I'm just going off what the body shop guy said when I made the comment..."wish my truck was aluminum so I didn't have these issues.". Then he showed me a Ford with the issue.

I could be wrong, or that truck could have lived a harsh life, or anything in between. I was surprised at the conversation as well. I don't want to spread false info. So if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Lol

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ?
Got $500 worth of free Ford accessories with the deal so today I bought a Ford roll up Tonneau cover, that took the entire $500 , also bought some other brand floor mat for the box that cost another $200. Might also buy some kind of floor mat for the driver, all this stuff sure adds up quickly !

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #37  
I subscribe to the do it when new, or don't do it at all school of thought. When I got my last new vehicle - a 93 Dodge van, I drove from the dealership to Ziebart and had it undercoated. Thirty years later, just a little rust out around the rear wheels.
Today, I'd do it myself. The link below is to Cosmoline - been making rust preventives since WWII. The specific link is manufactured to military specs, but is not certified. I think they're a company to be trusted.

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #38  
I wouldn't say indefinitely, but it does add several years to a vehicle's life.
if you don’t miss a single year i agree with him at 100%. You will go through the engine, the tyranny and everything else and the body will still be rust free …

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #39  
2022 Ford F-150 extended cab. Would love to hear some of your opinions-experience about undercoating. Living in Wisconsin rust is a really big issue.
I’m definitely not a high miles driver and at 68 years old this could be my last new truck.
I have all of my vehicles sprayed with Krown rust proofing .

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #40  
In Spokane and at major intersections the county/city sprays some type of liquid ice melter. I will leave thawed stripes on the ice covered roads. I avoid Spokane in the winter.