BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #21  
Even 45º is pushing the safety limits.
I spoke with the owner/machinist at BroTec.
He advised me on 2" front and 3" rear. I've had the fronts on for a couple of months now.
Getting the forklift repaired here soon so I can put the rears on.
Pros;
Quality and fit is excellent. Bolts included.
Cons;
A costly upgrade

Additional options for increasing stability is liquid filled tires and wheel weights.

Attachments

• IMG_3025.JPG
    IMG_3025.JPG
    261.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3028.JPG
    IMG_3028.JPG
    390.8 KB · Views: 57
   / BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #22  
Aftermarket part that Kubota carries. Just like their filters and lubricants. Might be Kubota labeled but they don't make them

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #23  
rm tractors on 45 degree slopes !
Even 45º is pushing the safety limits.
I spoke with the owner/machinist at BroTec.
He advised me on 2" front and 3" rear. I've had the fronts on for a couple of months now.
Getting the forklift repaired here soon so I can put the rears on.
Pros;
Quality and fit is excellent. Bolts included.
Cons;
A costly upgrade

Additional options for increasing stability is liquid filled tires and wheel weights.
One of my pet peeves. NO ONE operates ordinary farm tractors on 45 degree slopes nor could they. A 45 deg slope is a 100% slope. Tractors with best tires and ideal soil will slide to the bottom (if lucky enough not to upset) on 45 deg slopes. You probably mean 45 percent slopes. Forty five % slopes are roughly 24 degree slopes referring to my handy chart. And they are NOT pushing any safety limit at all. I totally disagree with 45% as any safety limit. I operate 2 different kinds of tractors on 45% slopes that I cut several times a year. Never any reason for safety concern and certainly not for traction or for rollover.

For example a Kubota B2150 with fat turf tires is uncomfortable (and nearly risky) sideways on a 45% slope and VERY comfortable and safe when using 6" spacers on each side of the rear with those same tires on the same slope. A MF 2660 with rear tires set at 8' apart outer edges on those exact same slopes is totally comfortable and such that you never even give it a thought as to the slope being very steep.

I am disappointed to hear that anyone at Brotek advised you to buy front wheel spacers. They do nothing for you. Your front axle is pivoted in the middle and by the time the front wheels might limit turnover rotation you are already well on your way to turning the machine over !! They are fairly costly and the front ones are a total waste of dollars.

Neither liquid nor wheel weights will affect your stability very much. The weights will not affect it at all because they do not change your c.g. above the ground. Fluid will affect stability very slightly in the good direction, only because there is some air space above the fluid in the rear tires so the c.g. is very slightly closer the ground. Nothing worth paying for on that basis. Good to pay for in terms of pulling traction only.

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #24  
JWR, I was disappointed to see you quoted me and read your remarks.

The post I read said 45 degrees. I'm a retired carpenter I know what 45 degrees is.
The B-T owner and I had that pivot axle discussion and he agreed that the only time that front spacers would come into play is when you hit the pivot limit.

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #25  
Aftermarket part that Kubota carries. Just like their filters and lubricants. Might be Kubota labeled but they don't make them
Lots of parts like starters, fuel pumps, radiators, bearings, etc. are listed in Kubota's parts books. Why would one care whether Kubota actually manufactured it or not? "OEM" has some inconsistent definitions these days since no manufacturer of any vehicle literally makes every single part of it. Selling something in their parts book is at very least a form of endorsement of the item.