BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #11  
What do you mean by 30* ? If you mean 30 degrees that is about a 58% slope which is very steep for a tractor. Even with max wide spacers that is too steep for horizontal travel. With good ag tread tires and 4WD you better have prefect soil penetration or you are going to the bottom of that trying to go up or down it. Involuntarily.
Actually, my statement of 30* was an exaggeration. Actual angle checked out to be 22* - 25*. Not slope... actual angle. Sorry, I tend to overstate based on my seat-of-the-pants measurement.

I did frequently mow the dam banks with my 27hp Husqvarna tractor style 52" mower. That is until I finally blew up the differential pilot gear. Even before, I'd mostly mow the steepest portion at an angle. For areas with less steep angles I'd mower up and down, but always forward. My 26hp Kubota 48" ZTR will not pull up the banks. Tires on both mowers were those factory installed crappy turf tires. Better tires probably would have permitted me to flip either mower over quicker :)

Regardless, I do not have the tenacity to attempt it either way, angle or up & down, with my Kubota L3400 tractor. Better judgement prevails. I doubt that 4" wheel spacers would be any better than my 2" spacers. Weed trimmer prevails.

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers
I'm having a lot of back and forth. I'm unsure why the Kubuta ones are so narrow?

I am leaning towards the 3" spacers. It's more of the ruts with a loader full low to the ground that makes me nervous.

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #13  
Yes, 22 to 25 degrees is quite comfy for my regular rounds. I am mowing both across and up/down 45% slopes a lot (which is right in the same range as 22 to 25 degrees.) As I mentioned in post #5 my friends use an L3400 a lot on 45% or around that range slopes (using 6" rear wheel spacers) and they are quite comfortable with it. I don't think you should be hesitant to mow the 22 to 25 degree bank if you use 4" or greater spacers. In my opinion the 2" is not enough. In your case a concern I would have is the water below you, whether the ground gets soft near the water, etc. plus if you roll even with a good ROPS and seat belt you'd rather not roll into the water ! A person just has to cut and try to confirm your comfort zone.

Another factor is the texture/surface -- whether you have potential low spots or holes. That can overwhelm other factors. If it is smooth, great. If it is rough and may have ground hog holes in it Lookout ! PA at their annual "AG Progress days" just south of Penn State Univ. used to have (maybe still do?) a demo where they ran a small to medium sized Ford tractor around a slope that looked very mundane -- maybe 40% -- under remote control with a dummy strapped in the seat and a ROPS on the tractor. Then they would purposely hit a hole on the downhill side and roll the tractor down the hill for one or two flops. Fascinating demo.

Well, I think that I've decided on 3" and Bro-Tek. Talk me out of it if it's a bad idea.

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #15  
Well, I think that I've decided on 3" and Bro-Tek. Talk me out of it if it's a bad idea.
No question you will feel way more comfortable on any slope with the 3" spacers having been added. Whether that's enough for most or all of your activity -- I dunno... one thing is certain it won't hurt anything. The kind of thing where one wishes you had a way to try it without any purchase or installation effort and expense.

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #16  
"Talk me out of it if it's a bad idea." It's a very good idea!

I just installed Bro-tek 3" spacers on my LX2610. They do make a huge difference. I don't think I'd like the 2" ones, based on the feel of these.

I went with the Bro-Tek 2" spacers. I won't be installing until Spring. I'll post some photos at that time.

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #19  
Kubota has never offered wheel spacers as OEM equipment.
Kubota dealers in WV offer them for sale and install them. Did so on two tractors used by the renters of my farm. One an M6040 and the other an L3400. Kubota has never offered adequate spacing for the rear wheels on most of their tractors either. If you have steep ground to work on.

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #20  
Kubota has never offered wheel spacers as OEM equipment.
If you go on build and price they list a spacer kit under the accessories tab.

REAR WHEEL SPACER KIT (L8787)

That part number is only a one inch spacer, primarily for clearance of tire chains.