Boots

/ Boots #31  
I have two pairs of Nicks'. The oldest pair I had a complete factory rebuild. Mine are custom ordered and not off the rack. If you don't mind the process of getting custom fitted for a pair of real leather handmade boots, you can't go wrong. My original bootmaker was a guy in Portland Oregon and he made me six pairs. I still have one. He died fifteen or so years ago. You can always beat price but never beat quality.

If you are gonna spring for pair of this caliber foot ware, I recommend going to one of their agents and having them measure you up. I bought my Nicks through Bakers' Boots, Eugene Oregon after having Whites screw up TWO orders.
I have always had fantastic service and perfect boots from Whites, and good rebuilds also. But I’ve heard great things about Nick’s also.

/ Boots #34  
I have a custom made pair of boots. Made by Whites. Fit like a fine glove. I seldom wear them - just too darn heavy. In the winter it's mostly Mucks or Sorels. In the summer - Keen.
I have two sets of custom white’s…just sent one in for a rebuild and it’s gonna cost more than I originally paid for them! They are still worth it to me but dang.

/ Boots
Just got my boots resoled by Nicks. Go
IMG_0836.jpeg
od as new for years to come

/ Boots #36  
I have found that boots are very unique to each individual. What maybe comfortable for one may not be for another.
Best thing is to go try on different brands to see what will work.

/ Boots #37  
I have two sets of custom white’s…just sent one in for a rebuild and it’s gonna cost more than I originally paid for them! They are still worth it to me but dang.
I’m a forester and wear my whites in the woods often. I get 20 years out of a pair with a re-soling of course.

/ Boots #38  
I’m a forester and wear my whites in the woods often. I get 20 years out of a pair with a re-soling of course.
A properly fitted pair of boots, is a dream to wear. Bad ones are a nightmare. Everybody has a. Different foot shape, similar but different.

I’ve worn Redwings for ever, my foot has grown to match the last they are built on. so, they fit me really well.

They quit making my favorite logger style. And the new listings don’t quite fit. So, my next pair will probably be a pair of Nicks, or Whites, custom made for my foot.

/ Boots #39  
I wear redwing composite toe electric hazard water resistant insulated with puncture protection msrp is over 400 the Amish harness shop sells them for 235 I just bought a new pair Saturday the Amish shoe repair down the road will resole them 3 times before they are junk for 30 bucks each time