Bolt size

/ Bolt size #1  

Brady D

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910, Case farmall 95, John Deere 317g
I’ve been trying to find a replacement for this bolt for the front axle of my tractor it’s an m18 bolt however I cannot find one with threads as fine
image.jpg

/ Bolt size #2  
Try McMaster-Carr. They carry a lot of metric fasteners.

/ Bolt size #3  
I’ve been trying to find a replacement for this bolt for the front axle of my tractor it’s an m18 bolt however I cannot find one with threads as fine
View attachment 819753
Either buy a cheap thread gage or hold a ruler next to the bolt and take another picture so we can guess the pitch :LOL:

/ Bolt size #4  
Might have to get it from a dealer. Last time I needed one like this it was $120 from the JD dealer

/ Bolt size #6  
Might have to get it from a dealer. Last time I needed one like this it was $120 from the JD dealer

Yikes! For $120, I think I'd file new flats and clean this bolt up.

/ Bolt size #7  
M18 x 1.0 is fine thread and would have approx 25 threads per inch be similar thread pitch to 3/8 - 24 UNF.

M18 x 1.5 would have approx 17 threads per inch and be similar thread pitch to 3/8 - 16 UNC

/ Bolt size #8  
Invest in a thread chaser kit along with thread gauges for standard and metric. That way you'll know what it is and be able to fix damaged threads! For that price you could get all 4 items and probably have some change leftover!

/ Bolt size #9  
OP hasn't been back, but if he is, here's a quick cheap job that will do what the amateur needs:

There are much better and more complete thread gauges out there, but for someone just looking to match the odd bolt, this'll git'r done for under $10.

/ Bolt size #10  
By measuring off the screen, it looks to be a 18x1.5 thread and is about 70mm long.