BOBTAC

/ BOBTAC #1  

craneman13

Bronze Member
Tractor
toolcat 5600 C
can you add the bobtac attachment to an older machine, or is it a factory/dealer install only? thinking it would be a nice perk.

/ BOBTAC #2  
Go to the Bobcat site and look at accessories/options for your model (5600) and your serial number. It looks like they may have kits to install...but...with all the valving, hoses, wires, I bet it is expensive and takes time. I'm not sure if the SSQA mount frame is the same either.

/ BOBTAC #3  
Did you ever attempt this retro fit?

/ BOBTAC #4  
Might not get an answer:
Screenshot 2023-01-20 10.35.10.png

Putting the pointer over the Avatar shows when last on TBN.

/ BOBTAC #5  
I sell for a Bobcat dealer. The short answer is no, there is not Power Bobtach option available for the C series 5600, not from Bobcat. We could not get a factory kit for this on a 5600 model that did not offer it as a factory option. Meaning if a 2010 model did not offer it as an option, there is no kit for it to install it. I'm not saying that is correct for the year, without digging I don't recall the year or series that Bobcat began offering Power Bobtach.

That said, our dealership has some skilled and knowledgeable techs. In this case they made it work off of the aux hydraulics. You had to turn on the aux at the button on the dash, then hold down a diverter rocker switch we installed while you activate the aux hyd toggle switch on your joystick one way or the other for open/close. It was a MAJOR operation (I think the cab had to come off) to get this installed and if you found a dealer willing to try to figure it out and tackle it it would be very expensive as it was very labor intensive. After that experience if anyone asks if we can do it my answer is no.

I think there are some kits out there, maybe not specific to the Toolcat, that can give you a hydraulic quick attach that will work off of your auxiliary hydraulics but you won't be able to utilize any hydraulic driven attachments at the same time without unhooking those hoses and couplers for the QA. Kind of defeats the purpose.