Comparison Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models?

/ Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models?
How does (if it does) a CT 4045 differ from a DK4510?

Last edited:
   / Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #12  
Jeff made a good point in saying that Bobcat has been in, out, and is now back in with Kioti.

Ask yourself what kind of price-point differential you'd need in order to go Bobcat. All depends on the specifications of one's pocket size. If it's small change then price really ain't the issue. Parts availability seems to matter: might try walking into a dealer for each machine and ask them order time on some random part (maybe folks here can identify a part that would be a good test case? I might suggest, as had happened with me, a travel pedal return spring [my NX was dead in the water when one broke- no way to do a limp fix]).

I tried google the comparison to not much result, which is why I did the post. In a 2019 business news item online Bobcat says they are back in the tractor business with Daedong "for now" and will progress toward design and mfg of tractors in house, as it represents a 140,000 annual units piece of business. Right now I have no idea whats simply white or different in a more meaningful way. DieselBound has it right on price vs. choice but not many dealers to walk into and ask questions near me.
A return spring sounds fairly generic to my experience as a working mechanic? Match the style and strength and your in business. Internal to an engine would be quite another spring to replace safely.

/ Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #15  
When I purchased my CT2025 I found the CT2000 line to be identical to the Kioti CK line. I believe you have the correct models, DK appears to be the CT4000 line as they have the same hp increments available up to 58. The differences you will note will be attachments as Bobcat use their own loader and backhoe. The loaders don't differ much, but the backhoe from Bobcat pins more solidly onto the tractor.

Some dimensions will look different because Bobcat write their brochure based on industrial tires and Kioti base the measurements on Ag tires.

/ Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #16  
Kantuck "In a 2019 business news item online Bobcat says they are back in the tractor business with Daedong "for now" and will progress toward design and mfg of tractors in house, as it represents a 140,000 annual units piece of business."
The ideal business environment is a business that has easy, low cost entry; easy, low cost exit; low capital requirements, and further entry (by new competition) has barriers - such as is restricted by the government. That Bobcat was in, then out, then in "for now" and is 'representing' that it will 'design and manufacture' is a business model that I don't like.
Does anyone of us believe that Kubota or John Deere will get out of the tractor business ? I'd like my purchase dollars to support the company that is going to support me - not skim the cream, taking the business and profits when business is easy, and then out of the game when the going gets tough.
All it takes is a change in CEO and Bobcat is out of tractors. Again, not likely a new CEO would take Kubota or John Deere out of tractors.

/ Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #17  
Kantuck "In a 2019 business news item online Bobcat says they are back in the tractor business with Daedong "for now" and will progress toward design and mfg of tractors in house, as it represents a 140,000 annual units piece of business."
The ideal business environment is a business that has easy, low cost entry; easy, low cost exit; low capital requirements, and further entry (by new competition) has barriers - such as is restricted by the government. That Bobcat was in, then out, then in "for now" and is 'representing' that it will 'design and manufacture' is a business model that I don't like.
Does anyone of us believe that Kubota or John Deere will get out of the tractor business ? I'd like my purchase dollars to support the company that is going to support me - not skim the cream, taking the business and profits when business is easy, and then out of the game when the going gets tough.
All it takes is a change in CEO and Bobcat is out of tractors. Again, not likely a new CEO would take Kubota or John Deere out of tractors.

Very good point however it’s also unlikely that kioti would get out of the tractor business.

In todays tractors we often see the value added for brand names from the past, as mentioned above with JD and NH, M-F, etc., even when many of their models are made by whomever in Asia.
Bobcat has a very recognizable brand name of their own given most anyone who knows much about construction relates to their skid-steer machines. Far more well known in my experience than Kioti which remains has much less identity in my having owned the brand for ~15 years plus.
I remember reading an article many years ago-maybe was the late 1960's in Business Week magazine about how much money that Mack Truck made from their Bulldog logo. When you do searches on FB marketplace for JD, etc. tractors you'll get several dozen toy models mixed in with real tractors. On CL tractor searches in the fly over states with large farming operations you get large green tractors real often in searches & fewer compact/utility tractors. On TBN you also see mostly compact/utility tractor stuff.
In my several web searches for my next Kioti I found a couple of dealers who lay claim to being the largest Kioti dealer. Must be using multiple criteria?
For now, I'm stuck (easy to be stuck given the non-existent inventory) on Kioti or Branson tractors.

/ Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #19  
Bobcat is IN the tractor business with Kioti.

Then Bobcat is OUT of the tractor business.

Then Bobcat is IN the tractor business with Kioti.

Tomorrow?

Kioti is ALWAYS in the tractor business with Kioti.
Actually, both Kioti and Bobcat tractors are built in S. Korea by Daedong. Daedong puts their own name on similar tractors as well.

/ Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #20  
Actually, both Kioti and Bobcat tractors are built in S. Korea by Daedong. Daedong puts their own name on similar tractors as well.
The obvious difference here is that Daedong Is the parent brand of Kioti. Bobcat is a wholly independent company that buys or contracts with Daedong to badge tractors as Bobcat.
The Kioti brand is like Datsun used to be for Nissan...a marketing tool for a largely Anglo market.