Comparison Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models?

/ Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #31  
From my understanding of the Bobcat and Kioti business relationship, Bobcat tractors are built by Daedong (Kioti) to Bobcat specifications. Now those specs are going to be very close to Kioti tractor specs, because their coming off the same assembly lines, using same axles and there is just only so much variation you can perform without major re-training of the Kioti workforce.

Bobcat is reportedly planning to do 100% of their own fabrication and tractor assembly in the future. A large Bobcat tractor factory is reportedly under construction, and the plan is to continue using Daedong axles and diesel engines.

Likewise, Bobcat has transferred to Daedong alot of knowledge and experience they have with skidsteers. Daedong also makes "track propulsion" for South Korean military equipment. And so that off road track capability and knowledge will allow Kioti someday in the near future to start fabrication and assembly of Kioti Skidsteers. Its going to be interesting how this Bobcat and Daedong (Kioti) relationship works out.

I added an update: Apparently Bobcat has chosen Statesville, North Carolina as location for their subcompact and compact tractor fabrication and assembly.
Interestingly, Kioti, USA in Wendell, NC is just 2 and 1/2 hours away from the Bobcat plant.

Last edited:
   / Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #32  
Apparently Bobcat has chosen Statesville, North Carolina as location for their subcompact and compact tractor fabrication and assembly.

If it was my money I’d be thinking about compact equipment and tractors that complement the existing Daedong models,versus create more of the same. Most of the innovation in tractors happened decades ago. Nevertheless great to hear about USA investment.

/ Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #33  
I made this evaluation on Bobcat vs Kioti this time last year and ended up with the Bobcat CT5545 cab/hydro unit. I’ll share my thoughts and opinions.

The CT5545 was more tractor than I initially began to look at. And I did look at most of the big brands. I see comments expressed here about concerns over a rebranded tractor. A little research will give you enough information to either believe or not believe in Bobcats commitment to the compact tractor business. Yes, they experimented with compact tractors before, but they are still at it. What I gleaned from my research and buying experience made me comfortable with Bobcat.

I feel that Bobcat is committed to the compact tractor industry and are investing in building their own product in the near future. In the meantime, they are using mostly the Kioti tractors, with slight modifications. That relationship is expected to continue. I don’t see this as any different than John Deere sourcing some of their tractors from Kukje manufacturing. Or any other brand for that matter.

I don't think Kioti is going anywhere, and I suspect that Bobcat isn't going anywhere. That leads me to believe that parts will remain available whether it's a Bobcat part or a Kioti part.

The established Bobcat service network and hydraulic expertise actually made me feel more comfortable buying the Bobcat. My Bobcat dealer has experienced service techs on staff. They are experienced with skid steers, hydraulics and have been trained on the compact tractors. This was more comforting to me than the small Kioti dealership. And I wasn't sure how much experience the Kioti techs had. I walked through the Bobcat Service Bay Area and felt like there was some knowledge and skill present. If my tractor needed service, I felt they could do it.

Another concern about any of the tractors is parts availability. Here too I felt that Bobcat and their network had more experience in parts management than the closest small Kioti dealer. I may be wrong, but as least I know they can keep their Bobcat skid steer products running. They wouldn't be in business if they couldn't.

There are other factors, and it started with the sales experience. I mentioned this in another post. The local Kubota dealer didn't take the time to even show me their product. They showed me a brochure, gave me a price and didn't bother to show me the few units they had on the lot. I walked out to look at the two tractors they had by myself. I really liked the Kubota product, and wanted to buy one. At the time, the lead time was at least a few months. But hey, they would order one for me.

The Kioti dealership only had one tractor, a CK2610. It was a non cab model. The dealer let me sit on it. He didn’t take it out of the warehouse and didn’t start it or offer to let me drive it. I wanted a model with a cab, but I didn’t get the feeling that they cared much about making a sale. And I also got the impression that sales requirements from Kioti were pressuring dealerships to inventory large quantities of tractors that they may not be able to move...which was causing delays getting inventory.
So neither Kubota nor Kioti cared to demonstrate their product, or offer to let me operate one. Now, I didn’t ask to drive them, but geez, if I was trying to sell something I would say hop up in there and drive it in the parking lot.

So by chance, I had read a little about the Bobcat tractors and swung by the Bobcat dealership that was only a few miles from my house. I really didn’t think they would have any of the tractors. Surprisingly they had a few, and two were models I was interested in. They took the time to show me both the CT2535 Cab and the CT5545 cab models, told me to drive both as it would likely impact my decision. They also took me through their service bay. They gave me out the door pricing on both models. Their pricing was better than the comparable Kioti. Because of this initial experience, I went home with no pressure, and did a little more due diligence on the tractors and came to the conclusion I would go with the Bobcat. If I was willing to buy the Kioti, I couldn’t see a reason I shouldn’t buy the Bobcat. I ended up buying the larger tractor, the CT5545 with cab and hydro. They installed the third function hydraulics and delivered it to my house for no charge. My experience was very good. Another unexpected experience is that several months after getting the tractor, I did experience a hydraulic leak in the rear remote. I left the tractor in my driveway, called Bobcat and they sent out a service truck. The tech quickly discovered a pinched rubber o-ring and replaced it with a better copper washer refilled the fluid and it was back in service. He had the part and fluid on his service truck. Quick repair and cost me nothing, except a little inconvenience. I felt that was a positive service experience. Now granted, I am close to the the dealership and I am not sure if Kioti OR Kubota had a service vehicle that would come on site.

This is my local Bobcat dealer and experience. I’m not saying all are like that. And I a not saying the Kioti or Kubota dealerships are not good. I’m just sharing my experience so far with Bobcat and it’s been very good. Time will tell. I hope I am not on here in the future complaining, but so far so good. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:
   / Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #34  
Sounds good. I was hoping my Bobcat experience would go like that. The local dealerships here are all a group and focused so much on construction equipment, they didn't really know much about tractors. They were polite and willing to order me a tractor, but were unlikely to have any in stock to drive. Your point on technician expertise is well taken. If I was leaning more towards Kioti, I would still consider Bobcat first.

/ Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #35  
Sounds good. I was hoping my Bobcat experience would go like that. The local dealerships here are all a group and focused so much on construction equipment, they didn't really know much about tractors. They were polite and willing to order me a tractor, but were unlikely to have any in stock to drive. Your point on technician expertise is well taken. If I was leaning more towards Kioti, I would still consider Bobcat first.
I’m sure they are focused on construction equipment. That’s their bread and butter. But I would feel they will have no trouble learning the compact tractors. It can’t be much different. Diesel motors and hydraulics. Shouldn’t be too tough for them. In fact, I think their learning curve would be minimal. Well good luck. Interesting times!

/ Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #36  
I made this evaluation on Bobcat vs Kioti this time last year and ended up with the Bobcat CT5545 cab/hydro unit. I’ll share my thoughts and opinions.

The CT5545 was more tractor than I initially began to look at. And I did look at most of the big brands. I see comments expressed here about concerns over a rebranded tractor. A little research will give you enough information to either believe or not believe in Bobcats commitment to the compact tractor business. Yes, they experimented with compact tractors before, but they are still at it. What I gleaned from my research and buying experience made me comfortable with Bobcat.

- I feel that Bobcat is committed to the compact tractor industry and are investing in building their own product in the near future. In the meantime, they are using mostly the Kioti tractors, with slight modifications. That relationship is expected to continue. I don’t see this as any different than John Deere sourcing some of their tractors from Kukje manufacturing. Or any other brand for that matter.
- I don't think Kioti is going anywhere, and I suspect that Bobcat isn't going anywhere. That leads me to believe that parts will remain available whether it's a Bobcat part or a Kioti part.
- The established Bobcat service network and hydraulic expertise actually made me feel more comfortable buying the Bobcat. My Bobcat dealer has experienced service techs on staff. They are experienced with skid steers, hydraulics and have been trained on the compact tractors. This was more comforting to me than the small Kioti dealership. And I wasn't sure how much experience the Kioti techs had. I walked through the Bobcat Service Bay Area and felt like there was some knowledge and skill present. If my tractor needed service, I felt they could do it.
- Another concern about any of the tractors is parts availability. Here too I felt that Bobcat and their network had more experience in parts management than the closest small Kioti dealer. I may be wrong, but as least I know they can keep their Bobcat skid steer products running. They wouldn't be in business if they couldn't.

There are other factors, and it started with the sales experience. I mentioned this in another post. The local Kubota dealer didn't take the time to even show me their product. They showed me a brochure, gave me a price and didn't bother to show me the few units they had on the lot. I walked out to look at the two tractors they had by myself. I really liked the Kubota product, and wanted to buy one. At the time, the lead time was at least a few months. But hey, they would order one for me.

The Kioti dealership only had one tractor, a CK2610. It was a non cab model. The dealer let me sit on it. He didn’t take it out of the warehouse and didn’t start it or offer to let me drive it. I wanted a model with a cab, but I didn’t get the feeling that they cared much about making a sale. And I also got the impression that sales requirements from Kioti were pressuring dealerships to inventory large quantities of tractors that they may not be able to move...which was causing delays getting inventory.
So neither Kubota or Kioti cared to demonstrate their product, or offer to let me operate one. Now, I didn’t ask to drive them, but geez, if I was trying to sell something I would say hop up in there and drive it in the parking lot.
So by chance, I had read a little about the Bobcat tractors and swung by the Bobcat dealership that was only a few miles from my house. I really didn’t think they would have any of the tractors. Surprisingly they had a few, and two were models I was interested in. They took the time to show me both the CT2535 Cab and the CT5545 cab models, told me to drive both as it would likely impact my decision. They also took me through their service bay. They gave me out the door pricing on both models. Their pricing was better than the comparable Kioti. Because of this initial experience, I went home with no pressure, and did a little more due diligence on the tractors and came to the conclusion I would go with the Bobcat. If I was willing to buy the Kioti, I couldn’t see a reason I shouldn’t buy the Bobcat. I ended up buying the larger tractor, the CT5545 with cab and hydro. They installed the third function hydraulics and delivered it to my house for no charge. My experience was very good. Another unexpected experience is that several months after getting the tractor, I did experience a hydraulic leak in the rear remote. I left the tractor in my driveway, called Bobcat and they sent out a service truck. The tech quickly discovered a pinched rubber o-ring and replaced it with a better copper washer refilled the fluid and it was back in service. He had the part and fluid on his service truck. Quick repair and cost me nothing, except a little inconvenience. I felt that was a positive service experience. Now granted, I am close to the the dealership and I am not sure if Kioti OR Kubota had a service vehicle that would come on site.

This is my local Bobcat dealer and experience. I’m not saying all are like that. And I a not saying the Kioti or Kubota dealerships are not good. I’m just sharing my experience so far with Bobcat and it’s been very good. Time will tell. I hope I am not on here in the future complaining, but so far so good. Good luck with your decision.
I really like Kioti products, but in the US, I believe bobcat will easily match Kioti volume soon. Our local Bobcat dealers have not picked up tractors. Bobcat is selling locally thru established mult-line tractor dealers versus Kioti lawn care dealers. Like you, I found comfort in the ability to source parts from Kioti and Bobcat. I also suspect Bobcat will build tractors that complement vs replace the Kioti lines (construction and landscaping vs agriculture and hobby farm). I also like the large USA investment and domestic Bobcat engineering presence. I also feel like Bobcat understands the US market better than many competitor’s. so far I’ve been very pleased with Bobcat corporate and they have a strong aftermarket selling machine for parts and accessories. So far my decision to buy Bobcat has been great. And yet, let’s revisit this topic in 5 years.

/ Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #37  
So I realize that my member name being KYBobcat some might think I am a dealer or brand loyalist. In reality it has not much to do with the brand Bobcat. It’s kind of a play on words. I am in Ky, my name is Bob, and my girlfriend is Kathy. Real bobcats are prevalent in KY, and I also happen to have a Bobcat tractor. Just wanted to clear that up just so people don’t think I’m pushing a biased opinion. Maybe I should have used KYBobKat, but then someone would say look, that guy from KY can’t spell. Lol.

/ Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #38  
Maybe I should have used KYBobKat, but then someone would say look, that guy from KY can’t spell. Lol.
Is that what they say about me?

/ Bobcat tractors vs. Kioti models? #40  
KYBobcat you've described my experience and thoughts as well. I'm 5mo into owning a 2021 ct2040hst and absolutely love it. Also I have an awesome local dealer to work with that is only 10min from my place. Will see in 5yrs but I do predict that Bobcat is going to take good care of me with parts and service expertise along the way. Build quality of this tractor far exceeds my initial expectations. Glad I made the switch from green to white.

Attachments

• IMG_20211224_120416913.jpg
    IMG_20211224_120416913.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 136