Mowing Bobcat finish mower, or another brand?

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand? #21  
okay I am in the same boat needing to buy a finish mower this spring but I am torn between a 72" finish mower or just running over to home depot for a Cub or something 50" zero turn. I heard the 50" ztr can cut just as fast or probably quicker than the 72" rear mt if you have some tree flower beds to go around etc. Any comments? heck they price out new about the same practically

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand? #22  
okay I am in the same boat needing to buy a finish mower this spring but I am torn between a 72" finish mower or just running over to home depot for a Cub or something 50" zero turn. I heard the 50" ztr can cut just as fast or probably quicker than the 72" rear mt if you have some tree flower beds to go around etc. Any comments? heck they price out new about the same practically

if you have obstacles to mow around having the mower in front (ZTR) or under you (mid-mount) make it easier. you can see what you are doing and the mower moves in direction you steer. with a 3pt behind you the mower moves to side opposite steering direction. Turn right, mower sifts left. ZTR is very quick and manuverable. It all depends on how much you want to spend and do you want a dedicated machine with another engine & pwoertrain to maintain, or use one power source for all you various needs.

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand?
3 point mowers can operate in reverse also, right? So, I can back into something that needs to be mowed if i can't pull into it

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand? #24  
3 point mowers can operate in reverse also, right? So, I can back into something that needs to be mowed if i can't pull into it
Yes, they will run/mow in reverse.

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand? #25  

I used to mow my 8 acres of lawn with my 8N and 20 hp Wheel Horse, it took between 12-14 hours to do a decent job around all the trees n such.
I can now mow it all in 3-4 hours depending on the direction I mow with my eXmark 60 inch deck.

I would not pay good money for a bigbox zero turn, you will have nothing but trouble with it down the road

I paid 8 k for my eXmark back in 2000, and so far have had to change fluids, replaced the fuel filter once, and last fall I had to replace the first belt, when I got a huge limb caught in the mule belt and had a huge chunk of it taken out

I hope my eXmark out lives me

:thumbsup:

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand? #26  
Just my thoughts ! Not shure the max width you can get on a zero turn , I mow about 4 acers with a 72" finish mower and it takes a little over 2 hours . I think the comfort level on my tractor is far more comfortable than a mower of any type . One thing I was surprised at , was the fuel consumption , there was not that much of a differance from my old Craftsman 44" mower 18 hp and at that time my Ford 3600 .

Dk40SE SS

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand?
I ended up being totally wrong on the size of the 72 inch Bobcat mower. It's 61 inches from wheel to wheel, do it wasn't as large as it looked from a distance.

I ended up getting it

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand? #28  
1600 for a 1 year barely used landpride FDR1672....good deal?