Mowing Bobcat finish mower, or another brand?

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand? #11  
The dealer ordered a 72 inch mower for me. I went by and looked at it and it was *way* larger (length wise) then I thought it would be, it had to be a good 7 feet long.

I guess I was expecting the a mower the size of a mid-mount mower, something in the range of 3.5 feet (length).

Am I totally off base? I'm not mowing a 200 acre field here..I just need something small to mow an acre or two at a time.

How important is it that the width of the mower match the width of the tractor? A 60 inch should be a couple inches shorter then my CT230

What options do you have now after making a special order? Ken Sweet

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand?
I hadn't purchased it or signed paperwork...so they are just going to keep it on the show room and sell it so someone else.

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand? #13  
I agree they are huge in comparison to the mid mount mower I used to have

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand? #14  
The dealer ordered a 72 inch mower for me. I went by and looked at it and it was *way* larger (length wise) then I thought it would be, it had to be a good 7 feet long.

I guess I was expecting the a mower the size of a mid-mount mower, something in the range of 3.5 feet (length).

Am I totally off base? I'm not mowing a 200 acre field here..I just need something small to mow an acre or two at a time.

How important is it that the width of the mower match the width of the tractor? A 60 inch should be a couple inches shorter then my CT230

If the mower was that long, he ordered a 72" rotary mower (slasher as referred to down under). The finish mower is only about 3 - 3.5' long.

Bobcat model number for the 72" 3pt finish mower is 3M72. Tell dealer to order the right one if you want to roll into financing.

Is the rotary mower (slasher) a finish mower? The part number on the quote is 7189137....but that might be a internal inventory number.

The specs of the 3FM60 / 3FM72 list it as 58 inches long. Is this wheel to wheel or the mower frame itself?

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand? #17  
Is the rotary mower (slasher) a finish mower? The part number on the quote is 7189137....but that might be a internal inventory number.

The part number on the quote is correct for the finish mower, but what you described as almost 7 long would be rotary, brush cutter (often mistakenly called a bushhog). Did it have 4 caster wheels 1 at each corner of deck or just 1 large caster wheel in back. If only one wheel it is brush mower. Maybe dealer received a mis-shipment or they still have the finish mower coming in.

It had four wheels. I'll check tomorrow to verify the part number.

Is there anything "wrong" with having a smaller mower then the width of the tractor? A 60 inch mower for a 64 inch tractor?

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand? #19  
It had four wheels. I'll check tomorrow to verify the part number.

Is there anything "wrong" with having a smaller mower then the width of the tractor? A 60 inch mower for a 64 inch tractor?

You would be running over unmowed grass with tractor wheels, pushing it down. Mower may not pull it back up when you make the next path. Soon as you finish you probably won't see it but in a day or when that starts stand up again yard will look uneven. Best to a little wider than tractor tires.

/ Bobcat finish mower, or another brand? #20  
I have an older Caroni finish mower I use behind my 230. It is 72" and really doesn't seem that much wider than my tractor, I guess about 4" each side. I wish I had an 84" now, I mow about 4 acres.

If you didn't have to have new, I would try searching on Craigslist. There were a lot of 72" mowers on there when I was looking for mine for $400 on up.