Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #11  
Hey Everyone

I am new to tractors and in general have been enjoying my CT1025...

But I see to be having some weird issues with it, since initial ownership, 1 hour on the clock when I got it, sometimes it was hard to start,

Following regular usage, couple hours of loader work, it will some times not restart when its a running temperature...

I have been trying to troubleshoot this quite a bit, I have been getting nowhere

Brough it back to the dealer at about 30 hours, I replicated the problem, they mention they look at it, a the same time I mention for them to do the full 50 hours initial service to make sure its A1

also requested that they properly run the hydraulic line to the loader, it was no in the brackets on the underside

Stayed there for over 3 weeks, pick it up, started... got a 600$ bill for the 50 hours

Anyhow they simply brush me away

winter past no issues, now started to do more loader work and its doing the same thing, not starting after continuous hours of loader work

In general the tractor works well when it works, but its a real PIA when its stop working in the middle of a project

any insights on this

Dealer is truly no help, there very busy with the big machines...
Did you ever get it fixed?

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #12  
I'm experiencing the same issue on my CT1021...and it's been randomly impacting the starting of the tractor pretty much since new

I can actually tell if it's going to start by the force of the "click" on the solenoid when I engage the key for the glow plugs. Of course the tractor was just in the dealer for 3 weeks to repair the hydraulic pump and it started with each attempt. I get it back home and it works flawlessly for 2 days and then won't start (I did get it to start by playing with the solenoid plug and tapping with a screwdriver (not saying that actually fixed it...but it did start afterwards)

I just want to be sure that someone resolved the issue by changing the solenoid...and it's not possibly related to some form of upstream voltage degradation (relay?) which is starving the solenoid from receiving full voltage and hence causing the issue

I'm ready to just purchase one outright (regardless of being under warranty)....as I don't have 2 weeks for the dealer to sit on it before looking at it.

Can someone:
1. please confirm that changing the solenoid resolved the problem for them
2. convey the part number for the solenoid (getting mixed results on fitment for part 7002157)

Thank you in advance!

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #13  
If the solenoid has any play where it lives.. try loosening the solenoid just a smidge and listen for the heavy click your use to..
Try throwing the throttle wide open..to assist with the
control rack getting into the start position..
If it’s a 1 wire solenoid, it uses the body of the solenoid for a ground..
MAKE SURE the solenoid and mounting surfaces are clean and free of paint and oil..
I hope this helps..

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #14  
If the solenoid has any play where it lives.. try loosening the solenoid just a smidge and listen for the heavy click your use to..
Try throwing the throttle wide open..to assist with the
control rack getting into the start position..
If it’s a 1 wire solenoid, it uses the body of the solenoid for a ground..
MAKE SURE the solenoid and mounting surfaces are clean and free of paint and oil..
I hope this helps..
Thank you for this guidance...I will attempt these steps when I am back at the barn

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #15  
Think of it this way..
The long rod hits the end of the pump control rack..
The rack is enclosed in the pump housing.. so the end of the solenoid rod has to hit squarely on the rack that’s in a “hole”..
If you’ve ever had the pump out or have seen a 360* pic of 1, you’ll understand what I’m trying to get across..
Good luck..
AND BTW.. when getting new solenoids.. MAKE SURE YOU HOLD THEM SIDE BY SIDE..
There ARE different length rods..

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #16  
Think of it this way..
The long rod hits the end of the pump control rack..
The rack is enclosed in the pump housing.. so the end of the solenoid rod has to hit squarely on the rack that’s in a “hole”..
If you’ve ever had the pump out or have seen a 360* pic of 1, you’ll understand what I’m trying to get across..
Good luck..
AND BTW.. when getting new solenoids.. MAKE SURE YOU HOLD THEM SIDE BY SIDE..
There ARE different length rods..
Thank you for sharing your insight.

The service center came and picked up the tractor but of course it is starting fine for them. I did provide videos of it not starting that they are reviewing. They stated the tech thinks that it might be a relay. I'll keep everyone posted on the findings

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #17  
ok...so the dealer stated that they spoke with folks at Bobcat who instructed them to replace 3 relays (all can impact the voltage to the solenoid). They did so and dropped it off to me this morning. Please assume that this corrected the issue unless I report differently. :)

Thanks everyone!

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues
ok...so the dealer stated that they spoke with folks at Bobcat who instructed them to replace 3 relays (all can impact the voltage to the solenoid). They did so and dropped it off to me this morning. Please assume that this corrected the issue unless I report differently. :)

Thanks everyone!

How is your running now, mine is back at the dealer for the x time... they change the entire wiring harness, check all the kill switches, replace the seat kill switch and hit kill switch... replaces relays... still getting the intermittent issue. So its back at the dealer again. There thinking know that it may be the key ignition that is finicky and not providing a proper signal for the fuel solenoid to pull... should be getting it back this week, we will see

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #19  
I’m having my 2nd 1025 taken to the dealer for the same issues. I say 2nd 1025 because the first was so bad that the dealer convinced the company to take the 1st one back and I received a new machine. Now my 2nd one is having the same starting issues as original poster stated as well. Forget about it starting at all when it’s below freezing outside.

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #20  
In October of 2022 we bought our CT 1025 with 27 hours on it worked great for about two half months January of this year it went in twice for the same issue not cranking over. The second time they replaced the starter and that worked for a few three weeks now less than month later it goes back in for not starting like the rest of the posts I have seen. This will be the third time in less than two months that it has to be worked on again. The dealership was less than happy the second and third time. Blaming it on fuel. This was their excuse. After some outside influence they were convinced that it needed to be looked at. So I guess we will see what happens when it comes back. But for the most part what ever Bobcat has a manufacturing issue with this and it needs to be fixed. If that means we have to get another tractor then so be it.