Blade for brush cutter

/ Blade for brush cutter #11  
Dannylobster- It doesn't sound like you have an owners manual for your equipment. You can download (for free) owner's manuals and illustrated parts lists from OldGravelys.Net: : Check it out. - Kris :)

/ Blade for brush cutter #12  
Danny
Sorry for the misinformation. Glad to see you got it off.
Solo

/ Blade for brush cutter
Hey No problem You were right on with everything else. I was able top get it off, get a new from Richards, and get it on again. Silly me took it off the tractor and put my blower on for the winter. If we don't get some snow soon I am gonna switch em back!
I took a picture of the old versus new. I wasn't sure I had the right blade the old was sooooo worn down.
Thanks to all for the help
As usual TBN saved the day.
Dan

Attachments

• blade_001comp.JPG
    blade_001comp.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 190
   / Blade for brush cutter #14  
Danny, might want to check your slip clutch adjustment on that mower while you have it off.

/ Blade for brush cutter #15  
Danny- Is that the 3/8" thick blade ? What did you hit to break that ? :eek:

- Kris :)

/ Blade for brush cutter
JS - Not sure where to start on the slip clutch adjustment. There wer no manuals for the mower, just parts lists.
Kris - Yes It is a thick blade. Not exactly sure, I think it may have been an Ash sapling.

/ Blade for brush cutter #17  
Well personally I would disassemble the slip clutch to make sure the clutch discs are not stuck to the drive plate then reassemble, the info I have says to loosen the lock nuts, tighten all 6 bolts into the back plate then back each bolt off 1/2 turn and lock each bolt into position with locknut. Did the encounter with the sapling stall the tractor or just the mower?

/ Blade for brush cutter #18  
Dannylobster. I have a 52-57.brush mower. Do you find a blade? If not Last year I maked one with soft steel plate. (3/16 x 3.5x 36 in.) It is not the best. But work very good!
I use two blades. Better mulching effect! Better job! Better speed! You can use high range speed. Good luck! Oldmech

/ Blade for brush cutter #19  
Danny! I think you have the good blade! As mine! For SAFETY CLUTCH ajustement! Easy Way! With a feeler gauge (.025 in.) between coils of springs You adjust the six springs. I joint picture. Thank ! Oldmech

Attachments

• ajust.JPG
    ajust.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 183
   / Blade for brush cutter
The blade is a monster. I am amazed what it cuts. Stilll not sure how it broke. I was debating a brush cutter formy new MF 2310, but this does such a nice job I was glad I was glad I was able to get it repaired.
Thanks for the tips on the clutch adjustment.
Dan