Big Tool Rack - Customer Service

/ Big Tool Rack - Customer Service #1  

swreeder

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT3 52HC
I recently purchased a BTR for my tractor. After doing a lot of research, I felt it would be a great addition to my setup. I own just under 50 acres that is an odd shape. My property is essentially a big triangle and stretches over a mile in length from the driveway entrance to the back fence. I spend most weekends working on the property in a never ending battle to clear cedar and other trees. So needless to say I need to move a lot of tools and the BTR has been a great addition to do this and keeps all my stuff organized at the end of the day.

The best part of my BTR has been the interaction with owner Tim. When I was first considering the BTR I talked to him on the phone and was amazed at how helpful and responsive he was. My BTR was shipped and unfortunately was damaged during shipping. Long story short, the shipping company would not cover the damages. This is where Tim stepped up and offered to do whatever necessary to make things right.

Hard to find companies and people today that put in the customer effort that Tim does. If you are considering one of these, I just cannot say enough good things about Tim the owner and the business he is building.

BTR Loaded up and ready for a day of cutting:
1619700694649.png

/ Big Tool Rack - Customer Service #2  
Good to hear Good attitudes once in a while . Thanks , Kevin ..

/ Big Tool Rack - Customer Service #4  
That is a nice setup, beats having to drive back to get something you forgot.

One thing people often forget is sometimes these are small businesses. I don’t know about the Bigtool Rack owners situation but a lot of times these aren’t getting cranked out of a large factory. They might be a guy working out of a garage or small shop who found a niche market making a quality product.

/ Big Tool Rack - Customer Service #5  
Hard to find companies and people today that put in the customer effort that Tim does. If you are considering one of these, I just cannot say enough good things about Tim the owner and the business he is building.

I second that statement. I ordered my BTR last November while on vacation and got an email shortly after with a delivery date sooner than expected (and before we'd be home). I emailed BTR and got a call from Tim in less than an hour, on the weekend, and during Thanksgiving break. Unbelievable service in this day and age.

/ Big Tool Rack - Customer Service
I second that statement. I ordered my BTR last November while on vacation and got an email shortly after with a delivery date sooner than expected (and before we'd be home). I emailed BTR and got a call from Tim in less than an hour, on the weekend, and during Thanksgiving break. Unbelievable service in this day and age.
Similar here, when my damaged unit arrived late on Friday he not only called me that night, but followed up over the weekend with another phone call.

/ Big Tool Rack - Customer Service #7  
Anybody done any interesting ballast additions/couplings that pair with a BTR? I'm under the impression the BTR doesn't contribute much as ballast.

/ Big Tool Rack - Customer Service
Anybody done any interesting ballast additions/couplings that pair with a BTR? I'm under the impression the BTR doesn't contribute much as ballast.
Mine is about 400-450lbs when loaded up with gear. Combined with loaded tires it seems to provide enough weight. However when doing some serious loader work, I change over to a real heavy landplane on the back. The contents in my BTR bounce around and I worry about catching a saw or tool on something so I just swap it.

But for the occasional grabbing some stuff with the grapple and moving it, seems to work fine. It does have a rack to add suitcase weights, but I haven't invested in any at this time.

/ Big Tool Rack - Customer Service #9  
Mine is about 400-450lbs when loaded up with gear. Combined with loaded tires it seems to provide enough weight. However when doing some serious loader work, I change over to a real heavy landplane on the back. The contents in my BTR bounce around and I worry about catching a saw or tool on something so I just swap it.

But for the occasional grabbing some stuff with the grapple and moving it, seems to work fine. It does have a rack to add suitcase weights, but I haven't invested in any at this time.
Thanks, good to know. I usually run with a 700 lb blade or cutter even with my loaded tires, which is a pretty good amount for my loader-heavy tasks with the "how far they hang out" factor.