Big Cars are killing Americans

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #211  
I did feel about 0.00000001% safer than on my motorcycle, though.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #212  
i know many here will not agree with this article, but just to stir the pot.... inho increased size of the pickup over the years to the now monstrous has posed safety hazards for pedestrians. add all the small vehicles now on public roads (i hate scooters, etc) only increases risk.
we have a voracious appetite for power/size/creature comfort, which is ok in iteslf. but there are blind spots on these larger trucks, & the increased power & creature comfort sometimes makes us unaware of our surroundings...add our thirst for social media while driving & it makes a recipe for disaster

(this comment is not intended for those who depend on larger pickups for their trade, etc. just for the mall cruisers in crowded areas)
your thoughts? the link should work
Agree with you! Seems a lot of people buy larger trucks than they need and it contributes to the decline of our environment... What are we gonna leave for our kids????

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #213  
i know many here will not agree with this article, but just to stir the pot.... inho increased size of the pickup over the years to the now monstrous has posed safety hazards for pedestrians. add all the small vehicles now on public roads (i hate scooters, etc) only increases risk.
we have a voracious appetite for power/size/creature comfort, which is ok in iteslf. but there are blind spots on these larger trucks, & the increased power & creature comfort sometimes makes us unaware of our surroundings...add our thirst for social media while driving & it makes a recipe for disaster

(this comment is not intended for those who depend on larger pickups for their trade, etc. just for the mall cruisers in crowded areas)
your thoughts? the link should work
I live rural. Typical strategy where I'm at is everybody has trucks to haul trailers and stuff, get through to town when it snows (we just got 26" of snow this past week), and then people also have the more fuel-efficient car. My car is all-wheel-drive because I have a hilly drive out to the road. My car gets maybe 2mpg better than my truck. Woot, woot!

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #214  
So glad I drive a F250 diesel around...I usually won't be the one dying......

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #215  
We've always had at least 1 car and 1 truck/van/Suburban type vehicle and a car hauler trailer. Cars get used for most trips and daily commutes. Bigger vehicles when we need to haul trailer or more than 4-5 people. Our van seated 7. The first Suburban seated 8. Current Suburban seats 7. I prefer the Suburban over the pickups we had. They hold more people. More stuff inside. And can pull a trailer when I need to take the tractor somewhere or haul rocks/mulch/furniture, etc.

I just don't see the point of driving a huge vehicle as a daily driver unless it's the only vehicle you have. But, to each his own.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #216  
In todays cities, I’d be more concerned about the hail of bullets coming from vehicles killing me than the vehicles themselves

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #217  
Agree with you! Seems a lot of people buy larger trucks than they need and it contributes to the decline of our environment... What are we gonna leave for our kids????
I hope I leave them the same Freedoms I was born with...

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #218  
   / Big Cars are killing Americans #220  
Debbie Downer...
Hey I got good reason on to be down. Get out in the world once in a while. Look at what’s going on. Any person would be.