Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,601  
Yeah... same in the Seattle area. I can't understand how there are enough high paying jobs that can afford these houses. Been working all my life in a good paying job and I couldn't afford a $1M house
Are you sure you are not already living in a $1M house? The house I bought in 2015 is supposed to be worth $800K more than when I bought it.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,603  
You should see if you can find out who bought those homes. I have heard there are a lot of Chinese and Russians buying homes and property in the US. May not be true, but might explain these absurd prices.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
#4,604  
You should see if you can find out who bought those homes. I have heard there are a lot of Chinese and Russians buying homes and property in the US. May not be true, but might explain these absurd prices.

Nope. All locals at that price point. We have land speculation tax laws in place now. Off shore money doesn’t bother with old houses, just the $3 million plus properties.

#4,605  
A friend bought a 30 year old hotel right downtown for $12 million in mid 2019. Spent almost three million upgrading the rooms, bar and restaurant.

Then COVID hit.

He thought he was doomed. Then the Provincial government started renting rooms from him to alleviate the homeless situation.

This was fine for about 8 months and he was okay with it then the government BOUGHT the entire complex for just under $25 million.

Just the other day they purchased their THIRD $25 million hotel for the homeless.

#4,606  
   / Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,607  
A friend bought a 30 year old hotel right downtown for $12 million in mid 2019. Spent almost three million upgrading the rooms, bar and restaurant.

Then COVID hit.

He thought he was doomed. Then the Provincial government started renting rooms from him to alleviate the homeless situation.

This was fine for about 8 months and he was okay with it then the government BOUGHT the entire complex for just under $25 million.
Sometimes the silver lining is actually solid gold!

Just the other day they purchased their THIRD $25 million hotel for the homeless.

"Homeless" in a 25 mil complex. Must be nice.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,608  
Are you sure you are not already living in a $1M house? The house I bought in 2015 is supposed to be worth $800K more than when I bought it.
I might be close... at least per Redfin! And I couldn't afford to buy it now... that is for sure.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,609  
Just hoping Terry doesn't have to relocate his shop ...

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,610  
Just hoping Terry doesn't have to relocate his shop ...
I'm hoping he doesn't decide to clear out his shop and renovate the space into apartments. Then he'll start a new thread named Big Barn's Retirement Apartment Complex. :unsure: