Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #41  
The better designed one is called a mini-excavator.

The BH's sold for SCUTS are designed to fill a niche market for people demanding
View attachment 742663
Correct! My tractor is a swiss army knife for sure. Big wheelbarrow, homestead forklift, materials mover, front loader, grapples logs and brush, joy rides, pulls trailers, digs post holes, grades the driveway, brush-hog mows the rough stuff, and of course has a backhoe for digging. Pretty dang versatile!
Nah, I know my backhoe isn't industrial grade, I use it gently (but am lucky to have nice loose sandy soil). I rent a proper mini-ex when I need to dig big, fast and rough.
so it will fit in the corner of their garage. What they really want is this
View attachment 742665
Heck yeah! My TLB fits neatly inside my garage for sure. But what I want is... a small sapling? You lost me there.

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #42  
I took some measurements for ya last night, orange.

As i found it (nothing on ssqa, front loader on floor) parked in my garage that has a pretty decently flat concrete floor - 11.25" under the backhoe kingpin. It looked like my rear tires were well on the concrete about 52" forward of there. = ~12 degrees departure angle.

I grabbed a nearly full bucket of moist dirt and measured again, had about 12" under the kingpin now. = 13 degrees.

I measured about 4 to 4.5" clearance between my backhoe seat and the fuel tank cap. Could definitely fix that and have the whole backhoe be about 6-8" closer to the machine. But you know what? That would only improve your departure angle to about 14 degrees. Is it worth it? Probably not.

I forgot to check my rear tire pressure but I think they are at around 25 psi. What are yours at, by the way?

But then I went out and dug some small tree root balls that are in the way of a new project. In practice on my land, I've never gotten stuck from the rear angle. Maybe it drags the dirt here and there, no big deal. Only matters when loading a steep trailer on pavement, I suppose.

V2mKzHO.jpg

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #43  
another one.

Last edited:
   / Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #44  
Orange tree,
could you please edit your posts and remove the @ symbol from before my screen name.
Its a very simple request. I am very insulted by it and that’s all you need to know.

How does the @ symbol insult you?

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #45  
Bobcat does not use the Kioti backhoe or loader.

1650554549162.png

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l
Amvcane (sans the @mention...) confirmed (before deleting his post & pic above) that his 2012 CK3510se-hst, with kb2475 (no 'L') also has ~10" ground clearance to the kingpin, and that his kingpin is ~46" aft of the rear axles.

it is interesting that both deezler and amvcane have a ck3510, but while the pics are from different angles, amvcane's subframe SURE looks further forward in the pics: (below is amvcane's)
amvcane deleted subframe pic.jpg

but this DOES match with the numbers you both reported:
  • amvcane kb2475 (no L) is 46 inches axle->kingpin
  • deezler's kb2475L is 52 inches
  • my kb2475L from a few years later is 54 inches
Next year, it will be 6 feet! :)

(Obviously I have a completely different SUBframe part - but the specs on the ck2610 and ck3510se (at least per Kioti.com April 2022) are identical in the relevant matters: same wheelbase (should be identical frame), both use 15-19.5 rear industrial tires.)

Last edited:
I took some measurements for ya last night, orange.

As i found it (nothing on ssqa, front loader on floor) parked in my garage that has a pretty decently flat concrete floor - 11.25" under the backhoe kingpin. It looked like my rear tires were well on the concrete about 52" forward of there. = ~12 degrees departure angle.

I grabbed a nearly full bucket of moist dirt and measured again, had about 12" under the kingpin now. = 13 degrees.

I measured about 4 to 4.5" clearance between my backhoe seat and the fuel tank cap. Could definitely fix that and have the whole backhoe be about 6-8" closer to the machine. But you know what? That would only improve your departure angle to about 14 degrees. Is it worth it? Probably not.

I forgot to check my rear tire pressure but I think they are at around 25 psi. What are yours at, by the way?

But then I went out and dug some small tree root balls that are in the way of a new project. In practice on my land, I've never gotten stuck from the rear angle. Maybe it drags the dirt here and there, no big deal. Only matters when loading a steep trailer on pavement, I suppose.

V2mKzHO.jpg
Thanks, and greatly appreciate the measurements.

It's odd that you and avmcane have different distances axle->kingpin. Kioti keeps making it longer.

BTW, I read ~100psi on my rears (might be a tad high; i was trying to prevent beet juice from running into my gauge).

I've emailed the dealer, will post what they say.

Bobcat does not use the Kioti backhoe or loader.

View attachment 742700
That's interesting - I know that kioti makes some bobcat; not sure if that is "all" of the CK's (yes?), and if they are 1-to-1's (eg, is the bobcat you show exactly a ck2610, ck3510, etc).

do you have a model for the hoe shown? Would be curious to see how it mounts / specs / cost. Perhaps if the dealer can't get me something remotely close the advertised specs, I'll return or sell it and look at the bobcat branded hoe?

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #49  
I dont think amvcane has a ck3510. His profile shows a 2012 ck35. The ck3510 didnt debut until like 2015 or 2016, I believe.

My "52 inches" wasn't to the axle centerline, more like to the back of the tire patch on the ground. But it was a quick sloppy measure.

100 psi in your rears? Ouch. Well if you drop your front tires to 10 psi, it might get you an extra inch of clearance under the kingpin! (j/k, do not do this lol)

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #50  
BTW, I read ~100psi on my rears (might be a tad high; i was trying to prevent beet juice from running into my gauge).

Thats too high. My OM shows 41psi max for the 35 and 40. Can't imagine it being any different for the 26. Mine are loaded and set to 35psi (maybe 30, forget). Not as low as deezler's, but I'm running R14's which require a few more pounds.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 14-51-37 CK3510(D H)_CK4010(D H))-OM-ALL-161220.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 14-51-37 CK3510(D H)_CK4010(D H))-OM-ALL-161220.pdf.png
    484.7 KB · Views: 108