Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #1  

orangetree

Silver Member
Tractor
kioti ck2610
had my kb2475l installed recently for the ck2610 i bought last year (backhoe took for ever to ship). I didn't make much of an issue with the geometry of the hoe as it's mounted on the tractor; driving my dad's small kubota CUT as a kid, he never took the backhoe off, and had no problem using the tractor to plat several hilly lots and general ~hobby farm stuff. That kubota also had two seats (front seat doesn't swivel; backhoe has it's own seat). the ck2610 manual states departure angle is 21degrees.

However, the kioti has an "exit angle" MUCH worse than i could possibly imagine :( it's not usable day-to-day with it. I suppose it's not _that_ hard to install/remove; but I certainly hadn't planned on needing to do this every time. The kingpin of the backhoe is 4.5 FEET aft of the axle, and has slightly under 10" ground clearance. That's [pulls out calc] a TEN DEGREE exit angle. Worse than a sports car.

I own[ed] and 18' C&B flatbed with 5' ramps. even with SIX inches of blocks, I still scrape pavement with the kingpin; in dirt i have to did a food deep trench to load. I am trading that in for a 20', with custom 7 foot ramps, I hope to _barely_ be able to load/unload on pavement without jumping through hoops. How they designed it like this absolutely escapes me :( Just be forewarned you will be removing it a lot if you do general work with the loader.
InkedPXL_20220419_223952189_LI.jpg

Last edited:
   / Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l
I'm very happy with the tractor, and I think for the money it IS slightly better than the kubota L2501 i compared it to ... but with this issue i do have slight buyers remorse.

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #3  
That isn't a selling point for sure. Looks like an oversized backhoe retro-fitted onto a smaller tractor. Not saying it is, but it looks like something done to save the OEM from designing a proper one.

Fits like a chicken's foot in a sock.

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #4  
That is a problem.

Don't do what I did! I went to drive over and pack the earth where I dug out a stump, but I sunk in too far. The 3-point backhoe's feet went aground and anchored me to where I was. I didn't have any traction at the tires, the weight was on those feet. (photo).

I finally used the loader curl plus pushing by uncurling the backhoe bucket, to get some force to move the tractor out of the hole. Closest I've ever come to hopelessly stuck! :oops::rolleyes::confused:

I think you might have the same problem sooner or later. Is there any way to modify the mount and get that higher?

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #5  
i have no idea what you are referring to as an exit angle. could you please explain?

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #6  
Still looks wrong. This is what I found on google images. Look at the center link, yours angles down while this angles up. same tractor and loader.

1650416396378.png

Last edited:
   / Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #8  
i have no idea what you are referring to as an exit angle. could you please explain?
When he drives the front wheels up onto higher ground, the rear of the tractor drops down. The backhoe is so far back that if he goes up just a 10 degree slope, the backhoe digs into the ground.

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #9  
Ah, i see. Thanks

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l
1650416638900.png

also "angle of departure"

along with "breakover", the thing that would prevent you from, say, loading onto the trailer.