Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #51  
My DK 35, I run 40 PSI in the front tires and 15 psi in the loaded rears

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l
Thats too high. My OM shows 41psi max for the 35 and 40. Can't imagine it being any different for the 26. Mine are loaded and set to 35psi (maybe 30, forget). Not as low as deezler's, but I'm running R14's which require a few more pounds.
Thanks. Yeah, it sounds quite high. With all going on, i forgot to check it since I had CommercialTire fill all four tires with beet juice. Guess they juiced the pressure up to tractor-trailer levels ...

Thankfully it hasn't got hot yet, I'll get it lowered to 40.

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l
dealer says they've contacted Kioti, but the frame i have looks like the others they've installed.

Assuming Kioti comes back as expected and says "good to go!" ... not sure what my options are, even though kioti advertises 21 degrees.

I don't mind giving up 4 inches of dig depth (cutting off the end of the subframe, and bracing / re-welding it up _and_ forward 4 inches each direction) - but besides the fact this will be a PITA, I clearly can't modify the unit and keep it's warranty (so that hack is 5 years out). I suppose I could sell it private party for what i paid (they are backordered, and have increased in price) - but that would leave me with no hoe, and having to find an aftermarket one.

:(

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #54  
had my kb2475l installed recently for the ck2610 i bought last year (backhoe took for ever to ship). I didn't make much of an issue with the geometry of the hoe as it's mounted on the tractor; driving my dad's small kubota CUT as a kid, he never took the backhoe off, and had no problem using the tractor to plat several hilly lots and general ~hobby farm stuff. That kubota also had two seats (front seat doesn't swivel; backhoe has it's own seat). the ck2610 manual states departure angle is 21degrees.

However, the kioti has an "exit angle" MUCH worse than i could possibly imagine :( it's not usable day-to-day with it. I suppose it's not _that_ hard to install/remove; but I certainly hadn't planned on needing to do this every time. The kingpin of the backhoe is 4.5 FEET aft of the axle, and has slightly under 10" ground clearance. That's [pulls out calc] a TEN DEGREE exit angle. Worse than a sports car.

I own[ed] and 18' C&B flatbed with 5' ramps. even with SIX inches of blocks, I still scrape pavement with the kingpin; in dirt i have to did a food deep trench to load. I am trading that in for a 20', with custom 7 foot ramps, I hope to _barely_ be able to load/unload on pavement without jumping through hoops. How they designed it like this absolutely escapes me :( Just be forewarned you will be removing it a lot if you do general work with the loader.View attachment 742431
Ok stop looking for negatives. Yes it does overhang a lot but you will quickly learn to work with what you have.
Yes you have to put blocks under your ramps.
I have to do all that stuff with my kioti 6.5' hoe, I been using mine hard for 18 years now. I made ramp extentions with 3x12x4' oak planks. nowdays there are a number of places that make very nice steel or aluminum ramps that you can use.
If you browse other makes backhoe isssues on TBN you will probably find the Kioti Backhoes (which I think are still made by Rhino) are very well built and trouble free. I can mount mine in ten minutes or less and dismount in 5min. You need to connect your hydralics first and use the out riggers and boom to level and align while mounting.

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #55  
Ok stop looking for negatives. Yes it does overhang a lot but you will quickly learn to work with what you have.
Yes you have to put blocks under your ramps.
I have to do all that stuff with my kioti 6.5' hoe, I been using mine hard for 18 years now. I made ramp extentions with 3x12x4' oak planks. nowdays there are a number of places that make very nice steel or aluminum ramps that you can use.
If you browse other makes backhoe isssues on TBN you will probably find the Kioti Backhoes (which I think are still made by Rhino) are very well built and trouble free. I can mount mine in ten minutes or less and dismount in 5min. You need to connect your hydralics first and use the out riggers and boom to level and align while mounting.
I should mention i have a CK20HST with the 6.5 hoe. from looking at your photos there is virtually no difference between yours and mine except in the length of frame, I believe that they stretched the frame for a couple reasons, to give more room on operators platform and 2 to be able to mount hoe without haveing to remove 3pt arms and top link. I'm 6'1' and my knees are onthe sides of the console and the seat is rubbing the plate on back of fuel tank with no adjustment. I cannot mount hoe without removing 3pt arms etc. which is a pain, easy off but pain to put on. Nothing is perfect when you make compromises to be a jack of all trades which is what our tractors are. So realize what the limitations are and make adjustments in your operation or attitude which ever.
Just appreciate how rugged and reliable your machine is, I have 400+ hours on my hoe and the only repairs are a hydraulic fitting I managed to break off and just tighten all the bolts at about 20hrs and again at 100hr and liberally grease all fittings.

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #56  
That mounting of a backhoe indeed looks cumbersome. All TLBs are NOT created equal, however, as stated by someone earlier... I did have some trouble getting my TLB up on a trailer for transport, but I was loading onto a dump trailer w/a 30" high deck and 7' ramps... could not drive forward w/o scraping my backhoe frame SOME, but BACKED up w/o any trouble. This pic demonstrates an OEM design which intended to include a backhoe in the design from the beginning...

1650804904226.png

Attachments

• 1650804910400.png
    1650804910400.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 116
   / Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #57  
Excuse any duplicate opinions I jumped to the end ;')

Agreed the departure angle is poor
I back my Kioti on the trailer when I have the hoe on and even have to put the trailer bed up a little
I think a little longer ramp would work, .. at home I built a dirt birm so no ramps needed until i get to where I am going

also I did see the mention of the third link
I did some research on mine and came to the conclusion that you are not supposed to use that link ( that seat tube is not going to support the hoe anyway IMO)
so unless someone has it in a manual ( I looked at all of them ) I am sticking to my method

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #58  
For reference...

I have the Bobcat Ct2025 with the backhoe.

On my bobcat the Kingpin measures about 48" from the center of the rear axle, and the pin is 13.5" from the ground. So based on you guys, 3.5" higher but about the same distance back.

I have not hit anything on the kingpin yet, but depending on the angle I have drug the bucket. So I learned that if I'm loading into the dump trailer or a steep angle, all I have to do is shift the backhoe arm to the side or lift the bucket to clear. But getting into the dump trailer is pretty steep, it'll drag the brush mower too if I don't park the trailer in a good spot.

/ Beware: kioti backhoe HORRIBLE departure angle ck2610 kb2475l #59  
I really liked the ck2610 until it came to the backhoe. Not sure what they were thinking other than they designed it on a Friday afternoon before a three day weekend. That's the main reason I went with the Mahindra 1626.