Best sub soiler?

/ Best sub soiler? #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
There is a wide range of attachments and it seems so far maybe you do get what you pay for. Reviews for the less expensive ones aren't good since they may break.
I think a sub soiler would be pretty handy as well as a rear blade.
Where do you find the best value and how to balance out price/quality/amount of use?
My tractor dealer seems to have good attachments but they're 2X-3X price of Tractor Supply.
Any experience or thoughts appreciated.

/ Best sub soiler? #2  
Virginia is near North Carolina.

I suggest shopping (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure).

I have ETAs heavy built Subsoiler with desirable shear bolt protection.

LINK: 3 Point Hitch Subsoiler

/ Best sub soiler? #3  
I went with the LP and really like it, use it with an L5740 and M8540, but the price is pretty high, don't remember the exact price, but I wouldn't hesitate o go with EA, just not most of the cheaper ones, especially without shear pin.

Attachments

• IMG_8752.JPG
    IMG_8752.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 181
   / Best sub soiler?
Thanks so far...ideas.
I like Everything Attachments and bought a grapple from them.
The dealer has a really good, strong subsoiler for less...like $300+.
County Line less than $200 but not strong.
I'm trying "best bang for the buck".
Dealer may be the best.
Other suggestions much appreciated.

/ Best sub soiler? #6  
It all comes down to your budget and how much you want to spend. EA tells you the quality of steel used in their subsoiler. Lower cost units like those at Tractor Supply use a lower grade and not as durable thus the lower cost. Different grades and weights from different manufacturers. You may try used to save some coin. Good luck and keep us posted.

/ Best sub soiler? #7  
Effective subsoiler use is highly dependent on tractor weight and tire traction. You need lots of both!

The type of soil you have also impacts effectiveness.

I use a Tufline model 1S-24 with my JD 3520 and I need more weight and traction than I have to get that monster down to 24 inches into the ground. At best, I can get the shank down 16-18 inches in my heavy clay soil.

Highly recommend the Tufline; it is rock-solid heavy duty.

Subsoilers | Tufline

/ Best sub soiler? #9  
So far I'm leaning towards the green dealer's one like this one. If I can get it for around $300 or so. Like this one...

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/28640339/2018-frontier-ps1001View attachment 581616

$300 for that one vs. $422 shipped to your home via FedEx Ground for the Everything Attachments Subsoiler(no tax).

With the EA, you get these improved features:

Laser cut A572 steel from our factory here in NC.

Shear pin protection.

A bolted on, replaceable foot. Only the point is replaceable on the frontier.

A larger vertical plate with a > on the front of it so it cuts through the soil better.

A better, point forward, geometry swings forward during transport for clearance and produces desirable results when it hits the dirt.

The Frontier looks more like a potato plow with a subsoiler point. It is virtually a sub $200 piece made by Tarter, painted green, decals added, owners manual tube added and $$ added. No bashing. These are facts.
Travis

sub.JPG

/ Best sub soiler? #10  
Effective subsoiler use is highly dependent on tractor weight and tire traction. You need lots of both!

The type of soil you have also impacts effectiveness.

I use a Tufline model 1S-24 with my JD 3520 and I need more weight and traction than I have to get that monster down to 24 inches into the ground. At best, I can get the shank down 16-18 inches in my heavy clay soil.

Highly recommend the Tufline; it is rock-solid heavy duty.

Subsoilers | Tufline

Very well put . Here is another brand . Maybe rebadged . New Dirt Dog 1 Shank HD Subsoiler for 3pt., SHIP SO CHEAP, YOU WONT BELIEVE IT. | eBay

I'am tryin to remember if HAY KING made one back in the day .......