Best of the Koreans

/ Best of the Koreans #31  
I looked at the Montana 2840 and went with a bigger machine mainly because I was more comfortable with the Mitsubishi name. Later I discovered that John Deere uses the "Ding Dong" engine in many of their models. So even if you buy a 'brand name' it likely comes with a lot of the same components as the 'cheap imports'.

That is either a way of saying that JD is a cheap import, or that the "cheap imports" are no worse then JDs.

Ain't Emblem Engineering Great ?

Isn't DaeDong the Momma/Daddy of Kia ?

/ Best of the Koreans #32  
which deeres have deadong engines i thought yanmar and deere were in bed together except on their big stuff which then uses their own.

/ Best of the Koreans #33  
That is either a way of saying that JD is a cheap import, or that the "cheap imports" are no worse then JDs.

Ain't Emblem Engineering Great ?

Isn't DaeDong the Momma/Daddy of Kia ?

I would NEVER say that JD is a cheap import! I was stating that the other brands are just as good (quality wise, nothing to do with distribution, parts, longevity, etc).

I believe that Daedong make JD products for the Korean market and possilby Australia (5820) Daedong John Deere 5820 - 2004 - Page 1 [#239025 / 239025]

/ Best of the Koreans #34  
Other then the green the reason i stayed away from deere was the yanmar in it and that it my be completely made by yanmar. That being said I buddy stayed away from a montana that had a ding dong in it and i feel he made a great choice to ge the one with the Mitsubisi.

/ Best of the Koreans #35  
winch you have a way with words the only way a tractor would have a ding dong in it was if you ate one for a snack and then you operated it. by the way the montana leaves the yard for the first time tomorrow morning to beat up on some earth.

/ Best of the Koreans #36  
winch you have a way with words the only way a tractor would have a ding dong in it was if you ate one for a snack and then you operated it. by the way the montana leaves the yard for the first time tomorrow morning to beat up on some earth.

Got to admit that was funny.

/ Best of the Koreans #37  
the one main thing that i think that you need to consider when buying esspecially a compact tractor is how long are you going to have it? if you are going to own it till it dies then it does not really matter what brand it is as long as you can get it serviced. it you will not own for just a couple of years, then you have to think of resale value. the off brand tractors do not have enough resale value, basicly do not expect to get even half of what you paid for in trade in value. if you only run the tractor a hundred hours a year i do not think that it matters what engine it has in it because it will never get to the point that it is worn out.

/ Best of the Koreans #38  
the one main thing that i think that you need to consider when buying esspecially a compact tractor is how long are you going to have it? if you are going to own it till it dies then it does not really matter what brand it is as long as you can get it serviced. it you will not own for just a couple of years, then you have to think of resale value. the off brand tractors do not have enough resale value, basicly do not expect to get even half of what you paid for in trade in value. if you only run the tractor a hundred hours a year i do not think that it matters what engine it has in it because it will never get to the point that it is worn out.

and even if it does break or wear something critical the chances are good that there will be parts for it.
Mitsubishi, Yanmar, Cummins, etc., you might have to do some research to find out what else the same engine went into.
Heck, chances are good that parts from a JD parts counter would fit right on.
The parent company of Kia is probably a better bet than Chryco, GM or Ford right now - so the Ding Dong joke isn't.

I guess the only stand alone company that doesn't buy in engines and other major assemblies is Kubota, good luck finding a second source for THOSE parts if they go belly up.

/ Best of the Koreans #39  
I own 3 Landtrac/ Farmtrac LG/LS tractors, the one with the most hours (1500) shifts the smoothest and runs the best. The one with 290 hours is still tight. The other one has 400 hours and has need the only part of the 3, a glow plug timer. They always start, are very fuel eficient, and are workhorses for their sizes. Parts have not been a problem, because other than the timer I have'nt needed any in the last 5 years. Need I say more.

/ Best of the Koreans #40  
First, I would like to throw out the following disclaimer: The following comments are meant in no way to offend or cause ill feelings.

That being said, I have to say that this type of response fries my ***.
If you want to say "I own a Kioti and it has been very dependable and a good tractor" that is fine and dandy. Even if you would like to relate that you know someone who owns a Kioti and they are very happy with it, that would be fine as well, but to make a blanket statement such as the one quoted above is a little irresponsible IMHO. Exactly what sources and data are you citing when you say that "Kioti is about the best Korean brand".
"The most staying power"? Time is the only indicator of this statistic, and in order to make that statement true all the other brands would have to be gone.
I hope the OP researchs all of his options carefully before making his decision.
I am sure that Kioti is a fine tractor. I do not mean to say that they are not, nor am I trying to say that the tractor brand that I own is better in any way.
There are many factors relevent in the purchase of a tractor. Brand has to be one of the top considerations, but other factors can sway that decision.
Sorry for the rant, but I couldn't stop myself.

Mark

Kioti has been in the states selling Korean tractors since the 80's. 1986 to be exact. On that fact alone, I think most would agree that they "have the most staying power". You might not like that statement, but I believe it's correct. Also, if you were to compare fit and finish, it's hard to beat the Kioti. I don't own a Kioti for the record. Just delivering an opinion based on a lot of knowledge of farm equipment and tractor manufacturers.