Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #111  
Well I've only owned 5 trucks... Living in S GA...
89 Ford ranger ext cab..(hs truck) 5sp standard btw loved that truck .
90 z71 4x4 Silverado
94 z71 4x4 Silverado
2009 Lt 4x4 Silverado
2013 Lt 4x4 Silverado....
Humm... Seems to be a rhythm here..
Not planning on buying anything new no time soon.. live in S GA . Trucks last forever here with proper maintenance..

Currently still driving the 09 and 13... Absolutely no plans of trading or buying new . We got what we got ....

Edit: for all of you that live in salt states and have no option of hanging on or buying new .. well wish you the best of luck ....

Last edited:
   / Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #113  
Once I sold off the Ford SuperVan, I doubled down on vans and bought a used G30 GMC. This I believe, was a 3/4 ton truck.
This was the most useless vehicle I have ever owned. It had a tow pack, but it didn't have limited slip rear wheel transmission. Why? I have no idea, but it would get stuck on flat ground with wet grass.

I took it on a vacation in to the outback of Oregon.
It failed in every way. Nothing worked anymore after this trip. Later I found that the entire wiring harness was not isolated from chaffing, if one was to run the rippled gravel roads: Which is most of outback Oregon. This vehicle which was supposed the be a HD sort of vehicle, completely fell apart in every way imaginable.

Wow! Sounds like you got a lemon!

G30 is a 1 ton van. I bought a G20 (3/4 ton) 4x4 conversion new in 1976 and drove it, mostly on back roads, for over 32 years. Minimal problems.
Terravan at Stewart Creek Sep 1977r.jpg

Got my use out of that van! I then got a 2007 E350 4x4 conversion which I'm still driving:
P1090254er.jpg

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #114  
This just makes me laugh. :)

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #116  
1993 Chevy WT with the 4.3l

Not exactly a power house but damn it was reliable

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #117  
Wow! Sounds like you got a lemon!

G30 is a 1 ton van. I bought a G20 (3/4 ton) 4x4 conversion new in 1976 and drove it, mostly on back roads, for over 32 years. Minimal problems.
View attachment 788013

Got my use out of that van! I then got a 2007 E350 4x4 conversion which I'm still driving:
View attachment 788011
Is your Ford a “Quigley”? They are (or at least were) located pretty close to me in PA
Your photos look like Chevy or Ford color brochure covers.
Are you a professional photographer?

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #118  
I've had several trucks and all pretty decent.

The funnest to drive was an 84 Chevy sport side with the 3spd on the column.

The newer trucks all seemed to be pretty reliable and very little issues. Starting with an 94 Ford ranger. No real issues except for a broken leaf spring. Severely under powered since it had the 4cyl. Regular cab, so it was very cramped being 6'1" tall.

04 f150 with the 4.6 v8. Great running truck. AC compressors sucked though. Finally fixed once Ford exhausted their remanned AC compressors.

09 GMC Sierra extended cab with the 5.3, 4x4. Great running. Had the dreaded oil consumption issue. Ate 1 quart of oil every 3,000 miles.

Currently 2016 GMC Sierra with the 5.3 v8, 4x4, super crew. Absolutely love the truck.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #119  
Funny enough, my current three favs are the ones I currently own -

#1 - 1959 International Harvester B-162 - 18KGVWR, manual everything, 5 speed completely unsynchronized trans with the 2 speed rear. Just you, a motor, manual transmission and a flatbed..the way the universe intended a truck to be. None of that fluffy foo-foo stuff like a radio, or a heater.
Nothing quite that big, but my first truck was a 1970 International pickup. Was only 7 years old when I got it, the bed had already been replaced with a wood bed, and the rest of it was pretty rusty too, but man that thing was a beast!
I have to laugh when ever I see an ad for a modern truck. Its always a voice over with a bass voice, and towing some huge load.
For which, almost no one is actually is doing.
Or else off-roading over some pretty serious terrain, something else less than 1% of potential buyers is likely to do.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #120  
2003 Tahoe Z71, owned it for 10 years and put 300K on it with nothing more than scheduled maintenance.
2013 RAM 1500 Hemi, no drama for the 9 years I owned it.
2015 RAM 3500 Cummins, another no-drama truck that I currently own.

I replaced the 2013 RAM with a 2022 RAM 1500 ECODiesel, I've owned it for 14 months, and not even a squeak or rattle. I have high hopes this truck will be trouble-free.