Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #121  
The 2.8 v6 carbed motor was complete garbage in rangers and bronco 2s in my experience also. Heck everything in that generation of ford compact trucks was built and designed horribly in my experience and opinion.

I agree we owned two, I know there are folks that prefer Fords and have good luck with them, our SIL is one (I think he fooling himself since I know what all he has had to R&R on those Fords he owned). For us however literally EVERY Ford vehicle we have ever owned (5 total) has been a PoS and a black hole for money. That is why the only Fords allowed on the place have big rear wheels and 3 point hitch on the back (the tractors have been great machines).

Seriously we have never owned a Ford car or truck that did not cause me to makeup new four letter words and worry about the bank account. The last one we bought was because SWMBO fell for it when she saw it, just had to have it, it was gone 6 months later with her blessing.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.
My Dad went through two transfer cases on his mid 90s f150 one time up by Cochrane Ontario, on a fishing trip, had to drive it to Sault St Marie to get fixed, had to hold the lever it in 2H the whole time or it would slip out, granted it was used for plowing, motor was actually really decent though. I think it was the straight 6.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #123  
My Dad went through two transfer cases on his mid 90s f150 one time up by Cochrane Ontario, on a fishing trip, had to drive it to Sault St Marie to get fixed, had to hold the lever it in 2H the whole time or it would slip out, granted it was used for plowing, motor was actually really decent though. I think it was the straight 6.
You're lucky you made it back home. Dealers in Sault Ontario are usually the cause of most of your problems, LOL

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.
You're lucky you made it back home. Dealers in Sault Ontario are usually the cause of most of your problems, LOL
Can't imagine that towing bill if we got stuck up there lol.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #125  
I agree we owned two, I know there are folks that prefer Fords and have good luck with them, our SIL is one (I think he fooling himself since I know what all he has had to R&R on those Fords he owned). For us however literally EVERY Ford vehicle we have ever owned (5 total) has been a PoS and a black hole for money. That is why the only Fords allowed on the place have big rear wheels and 3 point hitch on the back (the tractors have been great machines).

Seriously we have never owned a Ford car or truck that did not cause me to makeup new four letter words and worry about the bank account. The last one we bought was because SWMBO fell for it when she saw it, just had to have it, it was gone 6 months later with her blessing.
Wow, John, what bad luck! My 6 F150’s have been stellar.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #126  

Ford's must like me. I've only ever had problems with new VW's and Ram Cummins 3500's that the front ends fall out of every 50,000 miles.
I even had the dreaded 5.4 Triton and I lost one coil pack. That was it.

The only Ford's that ever tried to put me broke are my two 07 6.0L Powerstrokes. But I'm sure that was my fault because I put big power tunes in them and was pulling trailers with them, and that's when the problems started.
Then add the dealers in the Sault that rebuilt the engines and that's where more problems started.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #127  
Can't imagine that towing bill if we got stuck up there lol.
Had lots of issues with both Ford dealers. Lots of damages just getting oil changes.

But Northside Volkswagen tops them all. Put the hoist through the floor of my new Jetta. Right to the carpet doing an oil change. I only discovered it because all kinds of warning lights came on for passenger side seat belt and air bags, then I discovered hole and a tore wire harness.
Then they tried to blame it on my wife! Said "your wife must have ran something over."

Neither them or VW Canada came good for it, so no more VW's for this guy. I had to bring it to a body shop out of my pocket.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #128  
I like ford's. My wife's 2006 f150 with the 5.4l has over 300k on it and still runs strong. Besides basic stuff, no major component has been replaced. Although I know time is ticking.
IMG_20210605_110034.jpg

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #129  
Is your Ford a “Quigley”? They are (or at least were) located pretty close to me in PA
Your photos look like Chevy or Ford color brochure covers.
Are you a professional photographer?
It is a Quigley! It has been a great machine for my back country explorations.

No, not a professional photographer. But I do have excellent training courtesy of the US Navy. Don't know the status currently but back in the 60s when I was serving the Navy photographer school was acknowledged as one of the best in the world. I learned to use all types of cameras, including those that take 4"x5" film plates, and I learned how to use a darkroom. I was the photographer for our Company. So during my Navy years I guess you could say I was a "professional". Since I got out of the Navy I've worked in mining. But I still love photography!

"Tet" celebration (Vietnamese New Year) in Vietnam 50+ years ago:
Tet Celebrationr.jpg

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #130  
Wow! Sounds like you got a lemon!

G30 is a 1 ton van. I bought a G20 (3/4 ton) 4x4 conversion new in 1976 and drove it, mostly on back roads, for over 32 years. Minimal problems.
View attachment 788013

Got my use out of that van! I then got a 2007 E350 4x4 conversion which I'm still driving:
View attachment 788011
I didn't consider my 93 G20 a truck, but heck, it is a 3/4 ton truck with a van body. It was a van conversion. Had the V6, though. Still, it was a great dependable ride. Only got rid of it because the body rotted out. The kids loved it. 4 big captains chairs and a couch in the back. Many vacations with the kids and in-laws in that thing. I'd get another one if I had to do it all over again.