Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #101  
I got this in a trade a while back. There’s not that many clean ton dumps especially 4x4 ones. I kinda have a thing for dump trucks. I still have my 1992 Chevy ton dump which was my first one, I have a 2000s 5500 dump that needs work and a F-750 dump truck.
What happens to all your tools in the tool boxes above the flatbed when you dump?

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #102  
What happens to all your tools in the tool boxes above the flatbed when you dump?

Probably the same thing that you imagine would happen. I took them off because I wanted to be able to load implements and other things on the bed.
IMG_4177.JPG

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.
The newer GM/ Chevy 2018 4500 cutaway with a class C MH on it have towed and launched a 21' pontoon boat on a tandem axle trailer with it numerous times has the 6.0 seems decent did a few aftermarket suspension upgrades though. Still to new at only 25k miles to make a fair evaluation or make it a fave besides maybe making favorite fam memories lol.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #104  
2004 GMC 1500 Crew Cab 5.3 4x4, 2017 Ram 1500 Hemi crew cab, 2017 Silverado 1500 Quad cab 5.3.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #105  
1983 VW Rabbit diesel. Lago blue. I've heard bad things but I never had trouble. Yes it was small, and very low hp (52), but it got around 50 m.p.g. Top speed was probably 75-80, 5 speed.
Wished I had it. Sold it with 50 K miles.
1993 Chevy Cheyenne that I ordered, vinyl bench seat, rubber floor mat, base model 5 speed but 350 engine, blue/blue, it did have ac. Day 1 I removed catalytic converter. 8ft bed. Wished I had it also!
1993 Ford F150 XLT with 300/six & 5 speed 4x4. 2dr, 6ft bed. I still have it...runs great...205K miles.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #106  
The 2.8 v6 carbed motor was complete garbage in rangers and bronco 2s in my experience also. Heck everything in that generation of ford compact trucks was built and designed horribly in my experience and opinion. They have apparently made great strides to right what was wrong in newer generations according to some folks that own them anyway.
That's odd. I had carb'd 2.8 V6's in everything from Mustang II's and Bronco II's and they were bulletproof for me.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #107  
That's odd. I had carb'd 2.8 V6's in everything from Mustang II's and Bronco II's and they were bulletproof for me.
Ditto here. I bought one of the first Rangers when they came out with them in 1983... it was a great truck but didn't survive getting wrapped around a guard rail fence. My only excuse is that I was young and dumb. :(
10 years later I bought a 1985 Ranger for $500. It was my first 4WD and I beat the crap out of it; then sold it for about what I paid. What a lot of people didn't realize is that the 2.8 had solid lifters so the valves had to be adjusted occasionally. I believe that it was a German engine, the same as what came in the Capri of that era.

had one of the first Gen Ford '84 Rangers. It was a POS, two wheel drive, with the four cylinder engine.
A friend bought the same truck when he graduated from college, with the same complaints. I believe that 4 cylinder was the same engine which had been used in the Pinto.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #108  
78 Ford 150 4x4 300 straight six 4 speed manual granny gear.
85 Chevy heavy 3/4 ton 350 4 speed manual with granny.
Current 04 Chevy dually 6.0 4 speed auto with 4.11 gears 8-10 mpg. with or without the trailer with 48,000 miles.
I have owned six trucks in 45 years.

David

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #109  
Ditto here. I bought one of the first Rangers when they came out with them in 1983... it was a great truck but didn't survive getting wrapped around a guard rail fence. My only excuse is that I was young and dumb. :(
10 years later I bought a 1985 Ranger for $500. It was my first 4WD and I beat the crap out of it; then sold it for about what I paid. What a lot of people didn't realize is that the 2.8 had solid lifters so the valves had to be adjusted occasionally. I believe that it was a German engine, the same as what came in the Capri of that era.

A friend bought the same truck when he graduated from college, with the same complaints. I believe that 4 cylinder was the same engine which had been used in the Pinto.
Yes sir....German and solid lifter. At least the ones in the Mustangs were. I remember pulling the valve covers every year and setting the lifters. I too was young and dumb back then and drove the crap out of those cars.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.
just talking about it is giving me indigestion, mine had less than 100k miles timing chain was stretched had so much blow back shorted out the (pickup coil) I believe or was called something similar to that on the distributor? Usually at inopportune times it would stall due to loss of spark. Leaked oil like a sieve eventually started misfiring most likely caused by timing chain and usually only ran on 4 or 5 cylinders, yet I got my 1st ever speeding ticket with that thing going down a hill. After that twist of fate Made up my own ford acronym f**** only runs downhill. Front axle joints constantly needed replacement. I'm sure there's much more but I'm tired and that was 30 yrs ago. If there was some positive things about that thing I started to learn how to wrench on cars, unfortunately not having the aid of YouTube, only having mediocre Kmart tools, and not having constant mentoring of a mechanically inclined mechanic (really needed someone to literally hold my hand at the time) most of my repairs were substandard or complete failures. Oh yeah the clutch failed shortly after I bought it. (I'll take partial blame for that involving a young dumb two track booze cruise) truck was nice looking though body didn't have rust or even a dent, paint was perfect. Built a nice frame mounted brush guard for it in welding class. My grandfather was right and should have listened when he said he'd never buy a used truck without a few dents in it. Rants over 1st gen compact fords the worst body on frame vehicle I've ever owned.