Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.
At work we had a S10 pickup with the 2.5 fuel injected. It was a club cab or whatever they called it. The rear seat you sat sideways. There were four of us that worked on a survey job for a highway about a 45 minute drive from the office out of that thing. I was just a year out of college but looking back at it I would consider it cruel and unusual punishment.
Those jump seats were pretty ridiculous, I believe back then the only way you got back there was one of the front seats folded and moved forward?

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #202  
Yes the passenger side front seat slid quit a bit forward. I’m a little over 6 feet tall but at least when I was that age only weighed about 190 pounds. With two of us in back you kind of got each others legs in the way. With 4 of us in there and surveying equipment in the back it was pretty gutless.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #203  
I'd rather have any of these '70s. It wouldn't have to have a radio.View attachment 788534View attachment 788535View attachment 788536
I wouldn't mind one for a Sunday driver. I'm in the seat for hours every day though, not always on the best roads. I like the ride, comfort, and power of a modern truck.
Besides, my little Colorado has more payload and towing capacity than the last truck I bought brand new... a 1984 F150. I also like my AC; often that can make the difference between going back out for a few more hours on a July afternoon or calling it a day.

I’m a little over 6 feet tall but at least when I was that age only weighed about 190 pounds. With two of us in back you kind of got each others legs in the way.
I think those little seats were designed for little people, under 12 years of age.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.
I wouldn't mind one for a Sunday driver. I'm in the seat for hours every day though, not always on the best roads. I like the ride, comfort, and power of a modern truck.
Besides, my little Colorado has more payload and towing capacity than the last truck I bought brand new... a 1984 F150. I also like my AC; often that can make the difference between going back out for a few more hours on a July afternoon or calling it a day.

I think those little seats were designed for little people, under 12 years of age.
I will remember that comparison next time the kids and wife complain how cramped they say my double cab sierra is and as a twist to the knife I'll point out the nice doors to access the back. Lol. no I probably won't.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #205  
But it was a great truck on the highway and level ground.....

We had a 72' Cheyenne, 307ci with Turbo 350 auto trans. Beautiful truck, nice ride, fair to decent mileage for that era truck but it would get hung up ON level ground (grass) and if a bit of dew was on the grass, forget about it. Pulled it out of the front yard more than once with an old Craftsman 8hp riding mower, never took much to get it moving but it HAD to have the help (when off pavement) no matter what tires were on it. Learned to NEVER get off pavement or gravel with it.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #206  
About 15 years ago I bought a 1987 GMC "heavy half" K1500, thinking it would be a fun truck to have. It rode harder going down the highway than my 8N Ford; and there was so much road noise that I don't even know why it had a radio. Taking it off road was torture; one night I dropped a tire in a hole and smashed my nose on the steering wheel.

My dog at the time travelled all over 4 states with me and was more at home in a truck than anywhere else. Yet after coming home one day when the frost heaves were so bad that I was slowing to 10 mph; she refused to get into the truck again.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #207  
Not truck related, but someone got stuck on our hill in a ditch. They had a Toyota Celica.
I was coming up the hill and offered assistance to pull them out with my tractor. The driver said its no problem, as he had a limited slip differential. And he backed it off and got right back on the road. In a situation, I thought needed towing. This made an impression, as to why some companies, didn't include limited slip differentials on vehicles, clearly designed to tow things like boats and campers. I can't forgive Ford for allowing and putting a non-limited slip differential in the G30, with a towing pack, I bought. It made the whole point useless. :)

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #208  
Not truck related, but someone got stuck on our hill in a ditch. They had a Toyota Celica.
I was coming up the hill and offered assistance to pull them out with my tractor. The driver said its no problem, as he had a limited slip differential. And he backed it off and got right back on the road. In a situation, I thought needed towing. This made an impression, as to why some companies, didn't include limited slip differentials on vehicles, clearly designed to tow things like boats and campers. I can't forgive Ford for allowing and putting a non-limited slip differential in the G30, with a towing pack, I bought. It made the whole point useless. :)
My Colorado has the G-80 locking differential, designed to lock at under 20 mph. In order for it to work however, I first need to disengage the traction control and stabil trac, which takes about 20 seconds. That's about as useless as waiting until you're stuck before shifting into 4WD.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #209  

The dog didn't even want to sit back there! 🤣

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #210  
Correction... G30's where GMC. Not Ford... Me bad... :) The concept is still the same. As other people told me that Fords also didn't have Limited slip transmissions on their Tow spec vehicles that should have had them. Sorry for confusing it...