Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.
I bought new 72 and 74 Chevy pu's, IF I was offered both of them, I wouldn't take BOTH of them NEW in trade for my 2018 Silverado! NO way, no how!

My Silverado is the best truck I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of them! I sure wouldn't want to go backwards, back to them.

SR
I'd buy trucks like that for a nostalgic 5th or 6th midlife crisis used as "working" trucks cause Id enjoy driving them and not for a car show trophy lol.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #192  
I had a '75 Chevy and rust was a problem. The pentacle of American cars & trucks was right around 1970. Easy to work on, no pollution stuff, great drivetrain.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #193  
The original Iron Duke, no.

However,

Iron Duke Tech IV Applications

• 1982–1985 Chevrolet Camaro, Pontiac Firebird
  • 1982–1990 Chevrolet Celebrity
  • 1982–1991 Pontiac 6000
  • 1982–1992 Buick Century, Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
  • 1984–1988 Pontiac Fiero
  • 1985–1987 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer, GMC S-15 Jimmy
  • 1985–1993 Chevrolet S-10, GMC S-15/Sonoma
  • 1985–1990 Chevrolet Astro, GMC Safari
  • 1985–1987 Buick Somerset
  • 1985–1991 Pontiac Grand Am, Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
  • 1986–1991 Buick Skylark
  • 1987–1994 Grumman LLV (USPS delivery vehicle)
  • 1990–1992 Chevrolet Lumina

From here:
Iron Duke was "half of a 389", 194.5 cu.in.Trophy engine came out in 1961.
I have a 1979 AMC Spirit sedan (Gremlin body) that could have had the Iron Duke, an Audi 4, a 232, 258 six or 304 V8.

I stand corrected I should have said 2nd generation "iron duke" lol. learned something new 👍. All engines I referred to in my generation were 2.5 litre with throttle body FI in GM unibodies. Still remember the "body by fisher" logos on the rocker of those cars.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #195  
I'd buy trucks like that for a nostalgic 5th or 6th midlife crisis used as "working" trucks cause Id enjoy driving them and not for a car show trophy lol.
And I buy trucks to haul my tractors and equipment to jobs not for nostalgic and midlife crisis reasons. I no longer want to drive a back breaking gas hog. lol

Oh yea, and "also" to haul the old ones in for repairs, AGAIN! lol

IMG-2873-S.jpg

SR

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #196  
And I buy trucks to haul my tractors and equipment to jobs not for nostalgic and midlife crisis reasons. I no longer want to drive a back breaking gas hog. lol

Oh yea, and "also" to haul the old ones in for repairs, AGAIN! lol

IMG-2873-S.jpg

SR
That's the same reason we got a truck. (y)

That's the same reason we got a truck. (y)
Agreed especially when your spending 40k + on a new daily driver work truck, however I wasn't talking about a vintage fully restored mint condition show stopper, my "nostalgic" trucks are a few grand or less preferably, probably has some rust and a few dents, maybe a maco or rattle can paint job, anyways I enjoy working/ tinkering, driving it and still occasionally use it to do work not having to worry about denting or scratching the paint. My nostalgic trucks is completely different than how most see it imo.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #198  
I'm selling a 2003 Mercury Sable with an immaculate interior. Air conditioner does not work. It still has 1 of the 4 running board pieces attached, too! $1000
Wife had an '02 for many years before getting her current car. No problems with it whatsoever. Like everything else here in the north country, rust did it in.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #199  
At work we had a S10 pickup with the 2.5 fuel injected. It was a club cab or whatever they called it. The rear seat you sat sideways. There were four of us that worked on a survey job for a highway about a 45 minute drive from the office out of that thing. I was just a year out of college but looking back at it I would consider it cruel and unusual punishment.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #200  
I bought new 72 and 74 Chevy pu's, IF I was offered both of them, I wouldn't take BOTH of them NEW in trade for my 2018 Silverado! NO way, no how!
SR

I understand perfectly. I had a 1972 Chevy half ton for short time. Believe it had the 305 V8 and Powerglide transmission, 2wd. Until I took it up into the mountains for a load of firewood. I was in a saddle between two hills; to get out of there I had to unload half my firewood. Holding the gas peddle to the floor wasn't enough to get it up the hill, all the drivetrain would do is moan. Wouldn't even spin a tire.

But it was a great truck on the highway and level ground.....