Berta or Earth Blaster Rotary Plough

/ Berta or Earth Blaster Rotary Plough #1  

Luisella

Tractor
BCS
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any experience or views on which of these two implements is superior?

I'm in Italy and have the BCS 738 with a Honda GX340 engine, just under 11hp. I brought the tractor a couple of years ago and at the same time brought the BCS blade runner flail mower, this was partly because the dealer convinced me that the implement was better matched to the tractor, irrespective I'm happy with it.

The ploughs look similar, price much the same, they seem to do the same, is it just the name?

All the best and thanks in advance.

Lu.

/ Berta or Earth Blaster Rotary Plough #2  
They're the same unit - both made by Berta. BCS just buys them from Berta and calls them that terrible name.

/ Berta or Earth Blaster Rotary Plough #3  
I finally was able to buy a Berta rotary plow. I am very happy with it so far. Seems well made and easy to use. Even with our super rocky soil it works great. For breaking compacted ground it is the only way to go. Last year I made a new plot using a tiller and it took forever and rocks kept getting stuck in the tines. Now with the rotary plow it just throws them to the side for my wife to pick up :)

/ Berta or Earth Blaster Rotary Plough #4  
FarmerBoyBill is right on -- the GroundBlaster unit is the exact same unit as the traditional Berta Rotary Plow. We only wish that BCS would have consulted with us about the name. We are not crazy about it either!

There has been one small upgrade to the GroundBlaster. There is a new, thicker-tubed safety bar that is installed on the rear of the attachment. The traditional Berta units have a thinner safety bar on the right side, where the soil is discharged. I am not sure if the current-version Berta units have this new bar or not, but the GroundBlasters definitely do. I personally like the new bar, as it prevents you from walking too close to the revolving plow shares.

We will have photos of the new GroundBlasters with the reinforced safety bar on our website very soon--unfortunately, they are too new for us to have taken any yet.

Happy plowing!

/ Berta or Earth Blaster Rotary Plough #6  
As you are in Italy, you should also take a look on the classifieds online. I was able last fall to get a Berta reversible/double rotary plow for 800€. There was a bit of machining work involved once I got it back to Slovakia and realized that the PTO shaft adapter wasn't right for my Goldoni, so best if you can find someone selling one that bought it for the BCS.

So far I have used it not just for plowing, but also making raised beds and terraces on a hillside, and will be using it to dig a trench for water lines.

(In case you don't know the online sites in italy for classifieds, they are http://kijiji.it/ and Subito.it - Annunci gratuiti Case, Auto usate, Moto, Offerte lavoro e annunci Usato . Well, those are the two I was searching in last year to find my Goldoni and Berta plow, and I got lucky with both. My knowledge of Italian is limited to just the various tractor related words, but my wife has a cousin living there who helped with communication with sellers! :) )