Belarus tractors

/ Belarus tractors #21  
Not sure, where You have made this experience with Belarus tractors, but the tractors I knew about are stable and reliable, easy to maintain and to repair (if necessary).

All brands have their ups and downs and the so much beloved galopping goose is not the best You can buy for the money.

I would not be afraid to buy a Belarus, Zetor, Ursus or whatever is made in the countries of former eastern block.

/ Belarus tractors #22  
I'm thinking back to the mid 90's when several big vegatable growers in our group tried running eastern bloc tractors in fleets of 5-8 tractors in a "Economy drive"....The zetors were maybe the best but it was a disaster....They were just not capable of the 2000 hrs a year that main brands were doing and when you had them it was impossible to re-sell them....
Auctions full of dealer lease returns and trade ins . the dealers were coming around the farms offering a month free trial and a free loader if you bought a new one and asking $5000 for 2-3 year old 80hp+ fwa belarus.....None of the dealers i knew then still exist now.

/ Belarus tractors #23  
I have Ford, John Deere, Kioti, Montana, and also still have a 250 Belarus. Used to own a 500 series 2wd, also. Both Belarus tractors were bought new from a dealer in Atlanta, the distributor in Minnesota or something like that.

They have features you won't find in other tractors, like adjustable voltage regulators (2 positions, winter and summer), compression release for easier starting in cold (get cranking inertia with a weak battery, then put the compression back to start instantly), and down pressure on the 3ph (starting a fence post auger or plow in hard ground).

I was low income at the time, and they were the best buy for the dollar. Every time I have gone for a new tractor, I look, starting with JD, and realize the the 50 acre sized tractors seem to be significantly foreign made anyway. I would rather buy an American tractor, but this is the reality: we can't seem to produce tractors competitively here, until the size gets up to the real industrial machines. I travel a lot, and see large JD and Cat machines everywhere in the world, so we can make what other Countries want, just not the small ones.

I've even been to Belarus, and I recommend it to anyone who thinks Communism was a good idea. Yes, I've seen what we call Belarus everywhere, too. They use them for all work, industrial backhoes, ag., pulling trailers on the road, etc. I had a friend from Romania who defected in the late 70's who saw the 500 Belarus and said that they used to build them in Romania! Unproven, but, a previous poster pointed out that many companies built them, typical of the single single product design/many builders of USSR.

I have abused the 250 with a rhino 75 backhoe, and when it eventually started to bend the top of the 3pt hitch, I was pleased to find that I could simply unbolt the piece and weld some reinforcement. The electric switches aren't very good, but the metal is heavy enough to overcome any imperfect batches in the casting.

Parts are quickly obtainable, I do a search on the internet and I recall the place I got them from last actually had the name 'belarustractor' in the name. Just filters, and O rings for same.

I like the shuttle gear shift, too, and the 250 has always had a fairly large American made loader on it, with no problems lifting very heavy things. For the price I could get for this tractor, I would never sell it!

/ Belarus tractors #25  
I have a Belarus 825 1996 model, and a 8345, 2002 model. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I have several tractors and use them farming wheat, hay forage and mowing hay for horse customers. I have ran both Belarus tractors 3 years now with only needing to change oil and filters. During the last 3 days I had to pull my 8345 to start it because I had 30wt oil in it and one battery is not as good as it should be. This is the first time it refused to start. If I had maintained my batteries as I should have it woupld have started. However at 5deg with a -22 wind chill and sitting out, it is to be expected. The Ts110 New Holland I have more than $32000 invested in started, but would not pull through the snow It would pull the Belarus to start it where the snow was blown off. We had some 6 to 8 ft drifts and the 8345 could take me most anywhere with the FWA without worry. I am partially handicapped with spine problems and cannot walk any distance. The 8345 is a lifesaver. I really enjoy driving it, the cab is roomy it is made in Sweden. The loader is a Koyker. The only problem with the tractor is having to remove the loader to service the air cleaner. That is a problem with the loader, not the tractor. I bought the tractor with 3000 hours on it and have had no problems after putting 1000 hours on it. My NH TS110 however, has numerous little computer problems with only 1500 hours on it and has already had to have a new (NEW!!) injection pump at $3000.. I am told by the service managers this is normal with the new low sulfur diesel....

If you want to knock tractors I suggest you look into how the tractors were used and how the loaders were mounted etc. I would ove to be able to buy one of those green tractors, but I would have to buy one 25 yrs old and with 6000 hrs on it to be able to afford what I have in a Belarus. If you want to see a real tractor, look at the 300 hp 4wd Belarus tractors. I will admit their switches are a problem in their electrical and I do not know why they have so many wires under the dash on the 8345 versus the 825, but you can rewire one in 2 days without a lot of cash outlay if you are handy. The switches can be replaced with $5 toggles and some washers. I have also ran both of my Belarus tractors baling hay at PTO speed for more than 8 hours with only 15 gallons of fuel being used. Try that with a John Deere, Case IH or a Ford. I also owned a C-IH JX85 that I traded in on the NH TS110. That Turkish made JX was one of the worst made tractors I ever owned. Never again will I buy a Case-IH..

I would also like to find some of those OKlahoma tractors in the fencerows. I could probably make a few bucks rebuilding them and selling them to small landowners around here. These new folks are not stuck on Green paint. John Deere will tell you that they can get parts when the others cannot. Try to get parts for one of their bat wing mowers that is only 12 years old. They discontinue parts availability or raise the price so high you cannot afford to buy it.

sign me a satisfied Belarus owner in OKlahoma

/ Belarus tractors #26  
I have a Belarus 825 1996 model, and a 8345, 2002 model. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I have several tractors and use them farming wheat, hay forage and mowing hay for horse customers. I have ran both Belarus tractors 3 years now with only needing to change oil and filters. During the last 3 days I had to pull my 8345 to start it because I had 30wt oil in it and one battery is not as good as it should be. This is the first time it refused to start. If I had maintained my batteries as I should have it woupld have started. However at 5deg with a -22 wind chill and sitting out, it is to be expected. The Ts110 New Holland I have more than $32000 invested in started, but would not pull through the snow It would pull the Belarus to start it where the snow was blown off. We had some 6 to 8 ft drifts and the 8345 could take me most anywhere with the FWA without worry. I am partially handicapped with spine problems and cannot walk any distance. The 8345 is a lifesaver. I really enjoy driving it, the cab is roomy it is made in Sweden. The loader is a Koyker. The only problem with the tractor is having to remove the loader to service the air cleaner. That is a problem with the loader, not the tractor. I bought the tractor with 3000 hours on it and have had no problems after putting 1000 hours on it. My NH TS110 however, has numerous little computer problems with only 1500 hours on it and has already had to have a new (NEW!!) injection pump at $3000.. I am told by the service managers this is normal with the new low sulfur diesel....

If you want to knock tractors I suggest you look into how the tractors were used and how the loaders were mounted etc. I would ove to be able to buy one of those green tractors, but I would have to buy one 25 yrs old and with 6000 hrs on it to be able to afford what I have in a Belarus. If you want to see a real tractor, look at the 300 hp 4wd Belarus tractors. I will admit their switches are a problem in their electrical and I do not know why they have so many wires under the dash on the 8345 versus the 825, but you can rewire one in 2 days without a lot of cash outlay if you are handy. The switches can be replaced with $5 toggles and some washers. I have also ran both of my Belarus tractors baling hay at PTO speed for more than 8 hours with only 15 gallons of fuel being used. Try that with a John Deere, Case IH or a Ford. I also owned a C-IH JX85 that I traded in on the NH TS110. That Turkish made JX was one of the worst made tractors I ever owned. Never again will I buy a Case-IH..

I would also like to find some of those OKlahoma tractors in the fencerows. I could probably make a few bucks rebuilding them and selling them to small landowners around here. These new folks are not stuck on Green paint. John Deere will tell you that they can get parts when the others cannot. Try to get parts for one of their bat wing mowers that is only 12 years old. They discontinue parts availability or raise the price so high you cannot afford to buy it.

sign me a satisfied Belarus owner in OKlahoma

Count me in too :thumbsup:

/ Belarus tractors #27  
My cousin has one for blowing snow and such, he is mechanically inclined and has done several repairs, the tractor was sitting in a field for a couple of years. He says his is made so that you can fix it with stuff on hand, washable filters and such. He has a few leaks here and there but for the money he paid he is very happy. His is an older model, 30-40 horse, very primitive mechanically so simple to repair, no cab, no loader as of now. I would guess you would have to look at your abilities and the proposed use of the equipment. He also was able to purchase, on line, a service manual, lights and some other parts for reasonable $. You don't get something for nothing but for an entry level experience till you figure out whats what a cheap used tractor may not be so bad. As for where it is made,
my Dodge Ram diesel was put together in Mexico, I can't purchase appliances made in Canada, the last tractor factory in Canada is Versatile who's primary customer is the Ukraine and most of the parts are made in Mexico so that the tractor is just assemble here, so lets not lose site of the ins and outs of a used tractor we have already given away are manufacturing, ya a little cynical.

/ Belarus tractors #28  
what causes the wheels to lock up

/ Belarus tractors #29  
what makes the wheels to lock up on a belarus 250as

/ Belarus tractors #30  
I had a 804 and just sold it but it was a tank. Shifter hard to find a gear(gotta turn knob this way or that way,never knew what gear was in),hyd.leaked down,brakes were always a problem but it sure would pull and the 3point power down would bend a bit before it stopped,there frontends on the 2wheel drive models are the weakest thing about them,mine was worn out with only 600hrs on tractor,tires turned all over the place but hey was my first tractor,better than nothing:D

Gotta look past the orange,shes setting back there 5040&tiller.jpg