Belarus tractors

/ Belarus tractors #11  
Belarus is a made up export name. There are 7 different companies that build equipment that gets the Belarus name stuck on. the 240 air cooled series seem to break cranks. the deutz inspired 400 air cooled series hold up better. the 800-900 water cooled are ok. The older models all have a primitive look to them. They newer one have better looks at least.

The tractors are made by Minsk Tractor Works, which is in Minsk, Belarus. Minsk Tractor Works and also the association of which you speak are all located in Belarus. Belarus is NOT a made up name. It is the name of a communist country ruled by one of the most evil regimes on earth. Don't believe it just because I said it. I invite you to go do some research of your own.

/ Belarus tractors #12  
Thanks for your political analysis on this tractor forum and your "research".
Belarus tractors are a marketing name. The actual name of the tractors produced in Belarus is MTZ - Minsk Tracktor Zavod. Belarus tractors, as known in the west, includes tractors produced by Russia, Ukraine and Belarus. There are 7 different companies producing tractors sold under the 'Belarus' marketing name in the west. They are:
Vladimir Tractor Works, Vladimir, Russian Federation
Lipetsk Tractor Works, Lipetsk, Russian Federation
Minsk Tractor Plant, MTZ, Minsk, Belarus
Yuzhnyi Mashinostroitelny Zavod "UMZ", Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
Kharkov Tractor Works, Kharkov, Ukraine
Rostov Combine Plant, Rostov, Russia
Petersburg Tractor Plant, St.Peterburg, Russian Federation
Your attitude, all too common, shows equal parts of arrogance and ignorance.

/ Belarus tractors #13  
I'm not sure about arrogance and ignorance ..but some speak from experience...Best avoided...???

/ Belarus tractors #14  
I'm not sure about arrogance and ignorance ..but some speak from experience...Best avoided...???

Experience says run away from one as fast as you can.;) I was ignorant enough to by one:eek:, new in the 1980's. They do make good "yard art" though:D.

/ Belarus tractors #15  
Experience says run away from one as fast as you can.;) I was ignorant enough to by one:eek:, new in the 1980's. They do make good "yard art" though:D.

I'm not sure about "Yard art"...I don't want to look at another one...

/ Belarus tractors #16  
The Kirovets articulated tractors are well built. A marine engine shop wanted to sell a rebuilt CAT to a river cargo vessel captain, but the captain refused: He wanted them to rebuild the Jams V8 as it had ran 30.000 hrs with only oil, filters and 2 sets of injectors changed.
The Kharkov articulated tractor is far inferior to the Kirovets.

/ Belarus tractors #17  
I'm not sure about "Yard art"...I don't want to look at another one...

Well, I guess I need to "qualify" that one. If you drive some of the backroads here in OK you can see them abandoned/parked in fencerows and fields. Maybe "pasture art" was a better term.:D

/ Belarus tractors #18  

Ignorance because his facts about Belarus marketed tractors are wrong. Arrogance because he claimed to know more and delivered his message in a condescending manner.
Many people talk about Belarus tractors with disdain, many of those people have never owned one. I have also talked with many people who like Belarus. In the same way, this past weekend I talked with an elderly farmer who claims to have owned tens of different brand tractors including Belarus. I asked him his opinion of the best tractor; he said Ford. I asked him his opinion of the 'worst' tractor; he said John Deere. A friend of mine thinks John Deere is the best but thought Ford was garbage. I am sure they are speaking from their experiences. Speaking from my experience; I have a 1976 Belarus. It has been a reliable, heavy duty workhorse.

/ Belarus tractors #19  
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then....:D

/ Belarus tractors #20  
Belarus like a lot of chinese products are "Buyer beware". It's not that you can't get one that lasts and works well it's just that the quality is of "varying" degrees. And mostly the varying part is lesser. In most cases of cost vs quality you only are buying low cost and low quality. We have a FarmPro 2420 which has worked. You just need to have a mechanic standing around ready to fix it or it's just another lawn ornament like others have mentioned. If you get two out of three of these which do you pick ? Good, fast or cheap - See what i mean ?

Steve who has a cheap Chinese tractor and it shows. And a "good" Ford lol (which has broken too)