Belarus 250 AS shifter pattern

/ Belarus 250 AS shifter pattern #1  

MArshall Richardson

Purchased a Belarus 250 AS not sure the shifter pattern does anyone know the shift pattern for one of these? There is a lever in front of shifter left is forward right is reverse but not sure high low or super low shift patterns.. Any help would be grateful for.

/ Belarus 250 AS shifter pattern #2  
the front lever is forward reverse as you noted.
the space for shifter at front of tower is hi-lo left is hi right is low
first detent to your left is 3 low or 4 hi(towards front of tractor)
first to your right is 1 crawler lo and 2 crawler hi( toward front of tractor)
second detent to left is 5 low and 6 hi( toward seat)
second detent to right is 1 low and 2 hi(toward seat)

you usally need to be moving slightly to go from low to hi( for instance pull shifter out of 1st move shifter to front of tower and to left then back to where you were and you are now in second gear) sounds complicated but it is simple once you have done it few times.
I hope I didnt confuse you even more. anything else I can help with just ask.
Fairlane

/ Belarus 250 AS shifter pattern #3  
Good post Fairlane.

Marshall - congrats on the "new" tractor.
I'll add that the crawler gears (SL1 and SL2) are forward only regardless if the F-R shuttle is in forward, reverse, or neutral.

A little more detail on the high-low range function. You push the shifter all the way into the high or low notch, once that is selected you can move the lever anywhere in the pattern (except the opposite range) and the selected range will stay engaged.

Brad

/ Belarus 250 AS shifter pattern #4  
What is the difference between a belarus 250a and a 250as?

/ Belarus 250 AS shifter pattern #5  
I will take a stab at this...as I have a 250A...and my manual is for the 250AS. The 250A has a single shift lever which handles high and low range, forward and reverse as well as the 8 forward and six reverse gears. The AS model has a second lever that exclusively shifts from forward to reverse, leaving high and low range and the various gears on the second lever. On my A model I must first select forward or reverse...and then the actual gear that I want.

My first post here...hope it helps. I can take a photo of my A pattern if you need me to.

Kim

/ Belarus 250 AS shifter pattern #6  
Faillane is correct, I can take a photo of mine and post it if you like.
250as.

/ Belarus 250 AS shifter pattern #7  
I Have a 250a model and have a problem rather than a solution,my low range shifter,won't move back over to high range,and I can't engage any gears well in low range,any ideas?

/ Belarus 250 AS shifter pattern #8  
I have that problem occasionally on my 800.
Drive it a bit in all gears and keep trying,eventually it might shift again.

/ Belarus 250 AS shifter pattern #9  
Hi, can I get the picture of 250a gear pattern, thanks

/ Belarus 250 AS shifter pattern #10  
I will take a stab at this...as I have a 250A...and my manual is for the 250AS. The 250A has a single shift lever which handles high and low range, forward and reverse as well as the 8 forward and six reverse gears. The AS model has a second lever that exclusively shifts from forward to reverse, leaving high and low range and the various gears on the second lever. On my A model I must first select forward or reverse...and then the actual gear that I want.

My first post here...hope it helps. I can take a photo of my A pattern if you need me to.

Kim
Hi, can I get a picture of 250a gear pattern, thanks