Bear Trouble

/ Bear Trouble #111  
A friend of mine in Vermont installed a motion sensing sprinkler in his garden to deter wildlife. He said it works great... even got his mother in-law. :ROFLMAO:

/ Bear Trouble #114  
If you hurt him he would be more incline to deliver more damage in return at this point its life or death for him.
I worked for a fellow who was a mechanical engineer from Belgium. He spent his younger years as a big game hunting guide in Africa. He claimed that you should always make sure the animals sees you when you shoot it. That way it will run away from what hurt. Shoot it from a blind spot and it might run you over. I don't think they had bears in Africa but they do have the big cats.

/ Bear Trouble
Maybe why Law Enforcement says shooting in defense is a poor option if a kill shot to stop needs to be very accurately placed?

I was thinking it what the skull being near impervious to smaller calibers?

A homeowner that took several shots at a bear inside his home came under intense media pressure because he wounded the bear but then Fish and Game had to track it and put it down days later.

As a kid I was on the farm when cows and pigs were slaughter and it was a single pop and down like a ton of bricks.

/ Bear Trouble
I have two solutions. Neither are PC.

Good luck, but based on your demeanor, I suggest you sell the place.
Not mine to sell… cabin belongs to mom and in the family since 1964…

As always a story behind it so don’t see selling in the picture unless taxes go crazy…

Besides where would I keep the 1957 boat that has not been legal to use in decades due to the two stroke ban… a part of my childhood that will never be forgotten when Dad let me drive!

/ Bear Trouble #118  
I'd move to some place that has more common sense. Even in CT, which is quite liberal, DEP will put down a bear who breaks into homes. Happened a couple of weeks ago. Bear had two young cubs, and they put the momma bear down and relocated the cubs to a rehab shelter so they can be released into the wild once a little older.

/ Bear Trouble #119  
I worked for a fellow who was a mechanical engineer from Belgium. He spent his younger years as a big game hunting guide in Africa. He claimed that you should always make sure the animals sees you when you shoot it. That way it will run away from what hurt. Shoot it from a blind spot and it might run you over. I don't think they had bears in Africa but they do have the big cats.
I can agree with that but that doesn't mean shooting it while its body is facing you, it just mean it has to acknowledge your presence or his head is looking at you, you always want to shoot a animal while its sideway so you can get the vitals the head is a risky target on any animals ....when you hear a story of someone that have miss their shot while trying to kill a animal they will pretty much always say the animal was in any other position then sideway.

/ Bear Trouble #120  
Maybe why Law Enforcement says shooting in defense is a poor option if a kill shot to stop needs to be very accurately placed?

I was thinking it what the skull being near impervious to smaller calibers?

A homeowner that took several shots at a bear inside his home came under intense media pressure because he wounded the bear but then Fish and Game had to track it and put it down days later.

As a kid I was on the farm when cows and pigs were slaughter and it was a single pop and down like a ton of bricks.
My Dad would kill his cows with a .22 it took my dad a lot of time to know the exact spot to aim tho ... but you have to consider that the head was immobilize and the barrel was right against the head they were knock out rather then dead until he bleed them. A bear head is not as well armor and they have a bigger brain then the head of a cow but still a small target, still hard to say if you could kill a bear with a head shot with a .22 but definitely more chance with a shot in the vitals then a head shot.