BCS 770 Hydro

/ BCS 770 Hydro #21  
I think it's much better, and safer, to just buy a used 4 wheel tractor!..

Interesting. Your comment is based on which of the following?
Personal experience operating this equipment
Observation of others operating this equipment
A particular application you have observed this equipment is unsuited to perform
Information demonstrating that this equipment is unsafe or may contain latent safety issues
Your opinion

As this is a fairly new product I am anxious to learn as much about it as possible prior to making a purchase.

/ BCS 770 Hydro #22  
I think it's much better, and safer, to just buy a used 4 wheel tractor!..

Have two Kubota's and find using my 2 Wheel BCS is MUCH safer for some activities. There are a lot of places it far safer to mow with the BCS than risk flipping a tractor. Also a lot of places I could never fit my tractor without ricking damage to a structure but the BCS will easily till/mow/etc.. in the area.

/ BCS 770 Hydro #23  
Have two Kubota's and find using my 2 Wheel BCS is MUCH safer for some activities. There are a lot of places it far safer to mow with the BCS than risk flipping a tractor. Also a lot of places I could never fit my tractor without ricking damage to a structure but the BCS will easily till/mow/etc.. in the area.

2 wheel tractors are convenient. A combination of 2 and 4 is perfect. :thumbsup:

Have a BCS and an old Troybilt 2 wheel tractor as well as three 4 wheel tractors.

/ BCS 770 Hydro
anyone get a 770 yet? mine still hasn't come in.

/ BCS 770 Hydro #25  
I was waiting to see your review on it to decide if it was worth the investment. Earthtools now has them listed on their website. No idea on delivery?

/ BCS 770 Hydro
I was waiting to see your review on it to decide if it was worth the investment. Earthtools now has them listed on their website. No idea on delivery?

I just heard back today, should arrive to the dealer in Mid June. I am really looking forward to it.

/ BCS 770 Hydro #27  
Looking forward to pictures...:thumbsup:

/ BCS 770 Hydro #28  
anyone get a 770 yet? mine still hasn't come in.

I have put limited use on one of my inventory 770 tractors. Mostly been too darn busy post virus (selling 2 wheel tractors to folks) to test it as much as I would like. I did run it the other day with the newer BCS attachment the "Ridger 2". Also did some rotary plowing with it. I did like being able to back off my speed just slightly with that hydro transmission without stopping and changing gears. So it was pretty nice. Especially if someone does any decent amount of mowing I think it will definitely be worth the money due to the increased ground speeds. Plus live PTO and no blade speed decrease while changing from forward to reverse. But I will say in general, I don't like the speed control lever position, that will take some getting used to I think. Once I put more hours on it I will have much more feedback. Still, I don't think we will sell too many of them, the 770. We sell so many 853...

/ BCS 770 Hydro
I have put limited use on one of my inventory 770 tractors. Mostly been too darn busy post virus (selling 2 wheel tractors to folks) to test it as much as I would like. I did run it the other day with the newer BCS attachment the "Ridger 2". Also did some rotary plowing with it. I did like being able to back off my speed just slightly with that hydro transmission without stopping and changing gears. So it was pretty nice. Especially if someone does any decent amount of mowing I think it will definitely be worth the money due to the increased ground speeds. Plus live PTO and no blade speed decrease while changing from forward to reverse. But I will say in general, I don't like the speed control lever position, that will take some getting used to I think. Once I put more hours on it I will have much more feedback. Still, I don't think we will sell too many of them, the 770. We sell so many 853...

How long have you had the 770 for? Is it electric start? My dealer reached out this weekend, now not expected until mid July. It's very frustrating...

/ BCS 770 Hydro #30  
How long have you had the 770 for? Is it electric start? My dealer reached out this weekend, now not expected until mid July. It's very frustrating...

Hi TimberXX
Is there anything other than electric start? Haha. I tell you we probably sell 80%+ in electric start for BCS 749 and up. Can't imagine spending that kind of money and not getting electric start, personally. But there are always folks who like pull starting them, and that is just fine. To each their own!

I have had the 770 for months. Yes, many folks out there frustrated, but right about now just about all BCS and Grillo 2 wheel tractors in the USA are sold out. We are still selling a bunch where we can, but we one of the top dealers in the USA and are used to moving a bunch of inventory. No pressure, but if you get tired of waiting, I will be selling my "demo" 770 at a good discount. No pressure though, we have more business than we can handle and I am not in any rush to move the 770, need to test it more. Mid-July is right around the corner. Hang in there!