BCS 770 Hydro

/ BCS 770 Hydro
The are sold out of electric start version. Mine is coming late Feb early March.

/ BCS 770 Hydro #12  
Timber, please post pictures and your product review when you get your BCS 770 Hydro. Inquiring minds want to know!

/ BCS 770 Hydro #13  
I briefly operated a BCS 770 at Wes Stauffer Equipment in Ephrata PA last week. Very nice tractor. Shifting direction or speed up or down does not require the use of the clutch and shifter rods and is much faster than a 749 or 853, both of which I operate. Shifting from forward to reverse (and vise versa) was also faster but not as fast as I hoped. I was advised to shift through each gear slowly to reach neutral and then into the opposite direction. Each speed has an easily recognized detent but neutral is difficult to recognize. I am sure this would not be an issue with more experience behind the handlebars.
The tractor also has a low and high range that are shifted between in the traditional manner using the clutch lever and shifting rod. Low range is lower/slower than 1st gear on a 749 or 853. Not sure if high range is any different.
This machine is more money for sure but it is so much easier on carpal tunnel sensitive hands and is easier and faster to operate than previous models.

/ BCS 770 Hydro #14  
Thanks for the performance review. I’ve got arthritic joints. My 830 and 953 kills my clutch hand if operated for an extended time. It has me thinking about selling my 830 with big wheels/13 hp Honda and 853 with even bigger wheels/Lombardini diesel to buy one electric start 770 hydro as my forever tractor. I had previously contemplated doing this and getting a Grillo 110 as it has an easier clutch/safety switch lever combination than my current BCS tractors. The issue is all the fully paid-for BCS implements I own. Starting over with new Grillo drive implements would be tough on the budget.

/ BCS 770 Hydro #16  
The BCS implements should fit a Grillo with the right adapter. Some cost, but you could flog the BCS adapters to help defray the costs.
I do not THINK this is correct I think BCS PTO shaft turns right and Grillo turns left. I had to wait for my Zanon mower deck to come in . They had the same deck for a BCS but could not just change the shaft to a Grillo splined shaft

/ BCS 770 Hydro #18  
I stand corrected. I guess I was thinking the 1967 through 1982 partnership meant the PTO was similiar enough, but missed BCS redesigned later into a more durable, yet more expensive to repair system; BCS vs. Grillo comparison - Earth Tools.

My bad

Not a problem I saw online a while back someone made an adapter to run an old style gravely bushhog deck on a Grillo

/ BCS 770 Hydro #19  
I do not THINK this is correct I think BCS PTO shaft turns right and Grillo turns left. I had to wait for my Zanon mower deck to come in . They had the same deck for a BCS but could not just change the shaft to a Grillo splined shaft

That is true. My Grillo turns the opposite of my BCS. The only thing they can share (that I have) is the sickle bar mower.

/ BCS 770 Hydro #20  
I think it's much better, and safer, to just buy a used 4 wheel tractor!..