BBQ Smokers

/ BBQ Smokers #421  
LOL,
"Not sure how a BBQ smoker thread got onto outhouses."

Is that not a normal TBN evolution?

Well I had an outhouse before a smoker if that's what you are looking for.

/ BBQ Smokers #422  
LOL,
"Not sure how a BBQ smoker thread got onto outhouses."

Is that not a normal TBN evolution?

Well I had an outhouse before a smoker if that's what you are looking for.

Sorry PILOON , , , :eek:. . . . don't think it was me because if I get one of my kids/grandkids to take a picture of my original cook heating stove for the kitchen/dinningroom and BBQ'er . . . . :D

/ BBQ Smokers #423  
Where are y'all buying tri-tip? Up until 15-20 years ago,full cut Sirloin was in every meat counter and chosen as an economic alternate to T-Bone and Ribeye. Other than occasional small,per-seasoned cuts labeled "mini-loin" and such,I never see Sirloin. Tri-tip is only a portion of the Sirloin,so where is the remainder?
I bought at a mid-to-high line local supermarket chain. Supposedly prime Angus on sale at 7.99 lb. It was only the second time I致e saw it there. It served as second meal tonight in the form of fajitas. Got enough left for a couple sandwiches.

/ BBQ Smokers #424  
Interesting: I have a Tri Tip in the frig just waiting for me to heat up the BGE. I have tried a reverse seared cowboy rib eye, with good, but not spectacular results.
This was my first reverse-sear. Decided to try it after seeing the recipe posted. I would have thought the cowboy Rib-eye would have turned out really good with this method. Maybe work better with a whole Rib-eye? Larger cut of meat?

/ BBQ Smokers #425  
This was my first reverse-sear. Decided to try it after seeing the recipe posted. I would have thought the cowboy Rib-eye would have turned out really good with this method. Maybe work better with a whole Rib-eye? Larger cut of meat?

I guess I expected it to turn out like a grilled rib eye steak; instead, it was more like a roast...good, but I prefer the steak.

/ BBQ Smokers #426  
Where are y'all buying tri-tip? Up until 15-20 years ago,full cut Sirloin was in every meat counter and chosen as an economic alternate to T-Bone and Ribeye. Other than occasional small,per-seasoned cuts labeled "mini-loin" and such,I never see Sirloin. Tri-tip is only a portion of the Sirloin,so where is the remainder?

We see sirloin almost all the time in stores. It is actually the cut I prefer due to how lean it is. I never much cared for the less lean cuts. I even make stews out of sirloin.

/ BBQ Smokers #427  
I cook poterhouse or eye fillet, had never heard of tri tip but one of the more recent I have seen is Flat Iron, will have to see what it is exactly.
We avoid supermarkets as their meat is generally inferior to a good butcher, our local butcher is not cheap but I get to pick what I want not just select a tray.

/ BBQ Smokers #428  
Got my first shot at a brisket on the grill/smoker before lunch today. Cut it down to about a nine/ten pound flat. Later tonight we’ll see how it turned out. Just used basic recipe and rub.

/ BBQ Smokers #429  
Got my first shot at a brisket on the grill/smoker before lunch today. Cut it down to about a nine/ten pound flat. Later tonight we’ll see how it turned out. Just used basic recipe and rub.

Oh that sounds GOOD :thumbsup: :licking:

/ BBQ Smokers #430  
Oh that sounds GOOD :thumbsup: :licking:
It turned out pretty well for a first. Did not get the smoke ring everyone desires, but good flavor and pretty tender. I will change a few things next time out, but overall pretty good.