BBQ Smokers

/ BBQ Smokers #451  
Anyone here have a Weber Summit?

It looks interesting but not sure about it for the money. I run a kettle for grilling and a bullet for smoking. I’ve had a bullet for at least ten years, first the large and now a smaller one. They are pretty fool proof and simple. They do their intended jobs well and together are less than half what the Summit costs.

/ BBQ Smokers #452  
It looks interesting but not sure about it for the money. I run a kettle for grilling and a bullet for smoking. I’ve had a bullet for at least ten years, first the large and now a smaller one. They are pretty fool proof and simple. They do their intended jobs well and together are less than half what the Summit costs.

The bullet is an excellent smoker, and works as well as anything out there, and has a lot of capacity. With a rack, I can cook 8 or even 10 slabs of baby backs. I prefer my BGE for smoking, though, because there is little clean up. Cleaning the bullet...Smokey Mountain Smoker...is a pain.

/ BBQ Smokers #453  
Oh yeah cleaning the Bullet really does suck. The BGE, the main reason I didn't get one of those was simply the weight, for my circumstances it would have to have been moved around frequently.

/ BBQ Smokers #454  
My inventory of grills and smokers.

Lonestar Grillz 24x40 offset smoker
Humphreys Down East Beast cabinet smoker
Weber 18.5 Smokey Mountain
Rec Tec RT300 pellet smoker
Weber Performer
Weber 18 kettle
Weber smokey joe
Weber Genesis gas grill

/ BBQ Smokers #455  
Oh yeah cleaning the Bullet really does suck. The BGE, the main reason I didn't get one of those was simply the weight, for my circumstances it would have to have been moved around frequently.

I built a table with wheels for mine. 100_3411.jpg

100_3412.jpg

100_3413.jpg

/ BBQ Smokers #457  
2Lane, what kind of wood and finish. I like the look for a BBQ station!

/ BBQ Smokers #458  
My inventory of grills and smokers.

Lonestar Grillz 24x40 offset smoker
Humphreys Down East Beast cabinet smoker
Weber 18.5 Smokey Mountain
Rec Tec RT300 pellet smoker
Weber Performer
Weber 18 kettle
Weber smokey joe
Weber Genesis gas grill

How do you like your Genesis gas grill?

/ BBQ Smokers #460  
2Lane, what kind of wood and finish. I like the look for a BBQ station!

It's local, aromatic Cedar; no stain. The finish was a spar varnish, but it didn't hold up well at all. I would probably consult with a reputable paint store to see what they have that will retain the color; I probably should have gone with a penetrating finish of some sort. The shiny piece on the bottom shelf is polished natural granite that I had cut at a cabinet outlet to set the Egg on. Granite will take the heat without cracking; you can heat it red hot and it won't break. Oh, I used all SS screws in it. I don't have a lathe, so I made the handle with an antique draw knife that I have had for 40 years and never used. I was amazed how close I was able to shape it and make it fit into hole I drilled with a Forsner bit. The wheels are industrial grade wheels I bought at Lowe's, as I recall.