Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,101  
What I learned from my Nissan experience is if one has limited funds, Tesla is the only logical financial choice.
If one has limited funds they should not be buying the Tesla, there are plenty of Ice vehicles under $30K. I know you want to say the average price of all vehicles is $50K but the key here is average. There are $300K cars and $20K cars - With limited funds people can only afford the low end of the price range.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,102  
Continue to make things up based on your superior knowledge with no experience.
You basically described all the posters I have on ignore that have weighed in on the EV discussion without any experience. 😆

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,103  
Keep in mind there is no launch date planned for robotaxi/ cybercab. They're just going to announce it, but it'll probably be a few years before you see the real thing, just like it's taking a few years to see the Teslas semi.

OHH I thought they were going to go for non supervised.

Maybe add a few grains of salt to my last post.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,105  
Good to see an honest report not coming from an "influencer".

Bottom line for you is it is very good but not perfect and not worth $99/mo.

IMO, the price will only come down. At $200/mo some folks wanted it, and at $100/mo it will get more users. Just curious what your price point would be?

I would be interested in a system that warns me if I have drifted out of my lane due to inattention, a medical event, or fallen asleep at wheel...stuff like that. I can get that on ICE vehicles or EVs at a one time affordable cost.

FSD doesn't "turn my crank" much. I still need to be at wheel, and I have a Garmin that costs $150 to plan my route in remote areas or a cell phone where there is cell service. If there is an advantage to FSD I am not seeing it.

IMO Musk is trying to get as many people as possible to get on board not just for some added revenue but to work out as many bugs as possible before the August Robotaxi launch. The Robotaxi will be 100% dependent on FSD. So it must be 100% perfect or it will be a disaster.

That's good insight. More drivers with FSD the faster it can be perfected. Let's hope Musk get's the price down to $50/mo. I might buy it then.
The driver still needs to pay attention but the drive is much more relaxing, especially on long trips.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,106  
If one has limited funds they should not be buying the Tesla, there are plenty of Ice vehicles under $30K. I know you want to say the average price of all vehicles is $50K but the key here is average. There are $300K cars and $20K cars - With limited funds people can only afford the low end of the price range.
You couldn't get past the first sentence without judging the actions of others, which is none of your business.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,107  
Self-Cleaning cameras would be a great option for Tesla because everyday I use FSD. I'll get messages. A side view camera not working well.

I think FSD is not a good investment, probably for 99% of the people unless they just want it. My geek streak is strong plus I need it. :)

Auto Pilot actually does steering when you're following another car.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,109  
The only thing I'm judging is your bad advice in telling people with "limited funds" to buy a $50k car.
You know I do not advise other people how to spend their money because that is none of my business nor yours. :)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,110  
Keep in mind there is no launch date planned for robotaxi/ cybercab. They're just going to announce it, but it'll probably be a few years before you see the real thing, just like it's taking a few years to see the Teslas semi.
That makes the stock price run up even dumber. Tesla announces at the investor call that they are making an announcement in August? So what is left to announce? Another timeline that will be missed and need another announcement?

Marketing BS to keep stock price from tanking. If you are right, and the Robotaxi is years down the road, people will lose confidence. The $40k truck that is $80k...the "new" $25k Model 2 that will be a cheapened Model 3 at $30k+...the robotaxi that most people think will debut in August but is years away.