Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,073  

Some reasonable thoughts on what to do If you have an older Tesla model S with a dead or dying battery.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,074  

Some reasonable thoughts on what to do If you have an older Tesla model S with a dead or dying battery.
Went down that path last fall with a failed Drive Unit.
Gave the 2013 Model S 85 (with 93% battery) to my sister who paid for a new Drive Unit and now owns (4) Teslas and no ICEs. This is the sister who in 2015 mocked the ridiculous amount of money I paid for the S.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,075  

I thought maybe this guy had some way to save money on a repair. Basically what I got out of it is, if you have a Tesla with a dead battery, you are SOL to the tune of $15k or more.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,076  
I thought maybe this guy had some way to save money on a repair. Basically what I got out of it is, if you have a Tesla with a dead battery, you are SOL to the tune of $15k or more.

:)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,077  
Ten years from now...... :)
cybertruckplanter.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,078  
Went down that path last fall with a failed Drive Unit.
Gave the 2013 Model S 85 (with 93% battery) to my sister who paid for a new Drive Unit and now owns (4) Teslas and no ICEs. This is the sister who in 2015 mocked the ridiculous amount of money I paid for the S.
The obvious questing that needs asking is why does one person need 4 EVs when most people can get by with one ICE? Next question: How much more did you pay for the S than she did? Sometimes mocking is justified.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,080  
Good informative video.

I would like to see a follow up video on customers who pay $5K to replace a few cells. How long before they lose a few more and have to pay another $5k.
Exactly. 5 grand, and you’re only back to having an old worn battery, that might start having issues with the other modules.
Maybe I missed it… what kind of warranty did the repair come with?

Battery technology needs to advance past this style before I would commit.