Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,821  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,822  
Why do you think you struggle so with the common sense financial side of the transition to EVS that will happen over the next 50 years.
Looks like you’re trying to set up an obvious straw man.
I expect those from grump, but I always thought you could do better than that.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,823  
It did increase our household net cost of living.

Th Leaf and Tesla did not since they cut our automotive energy cost.
Are you sure it did ? ......you do probably spend a lot of watts of computer time finding and watching obscure EV videos and links to bash ICE.....and then there is the maybe monthly FSD subscription, and then I can only imagine the carpentry bills to modify your door frames to fit your head thru. ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,824  
Perhaps you grew up without a telephone, a TV, air conditioning and cut wood as your only source of heat?
Sounds like the cabin if you add spring water and wood cook stove... good times... really... especially for us kids...

It was the only place dad was not worried about keeping the place warm... at home the gas furnace was a luxury... at the cabin adding wood... no problem as long as us kids split and stacked...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,825  
the mpg estimates that mfgs have to conform to in the measurement example I posted are the averages per vehicle....basically whats on the window sticker at purchase. So they are already an average based on their EPA mandatated test criteria.
So you don't understand the math either. Doesn't matter if one vehicle drove there and back or two vehicles drove at the same time.

Ratios do not average easily. MPG is a ratio.

In my example 7 gallons was used to drive 200 miles. Your math says 35 MPG but 28.6 is actual. How hard is this to understand? How could it be anything other than 28.6 MPG?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,826  
Not me. I'm glad Tesla spent the time to engineer the Y with one of the lowest drag coefficient in the industry. Don't want a block of car lowering the kWh/mile.

Tesla Y drag coefficient
Yes and no. I want more tire sidewall and softer ride. Most roads are pothole patchwork here. Love my coefficient of drag.

Subaru Outback MPG dropped hard from 60 to 70 MPH. And harder from 70 to 75 MPH.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,828  
As opposed to the 350 and 327 being small blocks.
Pontiac never made a big block. My wife is a Pontiac aficionado, I'm a Rambler guy.
I cringe when I hear someone refer to the 400 or 455 as a big block since it's a mid-block. Rambler 287 & 327 were also mid-blocks. Neither made a big block.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,829  
Blue state Main rejects EV mandates. And the pushback begins. ICE will not go down without a long long fight. Some politicians might loose their job if they refuse to wake up.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,830  
We can certainly chat about luxuries we both did/didn’t grow up with ,sometime, but I’m still trying to figure out how cutting your hair with a 9 watt clipper “drove up” your electric bill.
Hirsutism of Castor canadensis?
Something to do as car charges.