Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,811  
I thought we determined the filling station model for charging EVs does not work.
It doesn't. But those who have always operated gas stations won't understand until they go broke.

2% of the gas stations to close, probably no closings/conversions in Texas but mostly China, Europe and California.
They are just selling the stations to others to operate.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,812  
I comment on this when it first was reported, stating she was either drunk or on drugs. Blaming the Tesla driving system was a stupid "hit piece".
Today's update reports 3x the legal limit in Texas.

Clearly Teslas FSD didn't do enough to prevent her from driving. 😇

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,813  
Just for giggles, I checked the power rating on typical Wahl hair clippers.
9 watts.
9 big ones

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,814  
Was curious about the Texas incident.......
In my truck and my wife's SUV (both ICE's) I can put either of the vehicles in Drive (forward) or Reverse, and Park without looking at the shifter or the display in the dash, simply by the physical detents of the shift lever. Can you do this in a Tesla.... not looking at the display to actually shift or knowing which direction it may go? Any audible indication of forward/reverse?
Drunk or not, this is an accident waiting to happen with an inadvertent swipe of the finger in the wrong direction. Too much reliance on technology that should remain basic and simple.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,815  
Ok. I’ll bite.
Cutting your hair with clippers for 10 minutes a few times a year, drove up the electric bill??
Perhaps you grew up without a telephone, a TV, air conditioning and cut wood as your only source of heat?

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,816  
Perhaps you grew up without a telephone, a TV, air conditioning and cut wood as your only source of heat?
We can certainly chat about luxuries we both did/didn’t grow up with ,sometime, but I’m still trying to figure out how cutting your hair with a 9 watt clipper “drove up” your electric bill.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#16,817  
If that is the way the regulation does the math then government can not do math.

Lets say one drives 100 miles at 20 MPG, uses 5 gallons. Then on the return trip gets 50 MPG for 2 gallons consumed. Total 7 gallons, 200 miles, 28.6 MPG.

the mpg estimates that mfgs have to conform to in the measurement example I posted are the averages per vehicle....basically whats on the window sticker at purchase. So they are already an average based on their EPA mandatated test criteria.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,818  
I for one wish Tesla had done more of a standard style SUV.

Mainly need More ground clearance, Suspension travel, softer ride quality, Tires with real sidewalls.
I may get some guff for this but I have watched a lot of wham bam Tesla cam, and there Are more hydroplaning incidences than there should be.
imo it is a combination of overly stiff short travel suspension, performance tires with less tread depth, limited water channeling in the tires tread chosen, and worst of all the loss of compliance due to the super low profile and increased unsprung weight due to the large diameter wheels. Referring to the Performance model here mainly.
Not me. I'm glad Tesla spent the time to engineer the Y with one of the lowest drag coefficient in the industry. Don't want a block of car lowering the kWh/mile.

With a Cd of 0.23, the Model Y is one of the most aerodynamic SUVs ever produced. This low coefficient of drag allows the car to move through the air more efficiently, reducing the amount of energy required to propel it forward.
Tesla Y drag coefficient

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,819  
We can certainly chat about luxuries we both did/didn’t grow up with ,sometime, but I’m still trying to figure out how cutting your hair with a 9 watt clipper “drove up” your electric bill.
It did increase our household net cost of living.

Th Leaf and Tesla did not since they cut our automotive energy cost.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,820  
It did increase our household net cost of living.

Th Leaf and Tesla did not since they cut our automotive energy cost.
1711055984669.jpeg