Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,541  
Sure but your avoiding your statement that reccomended to charge to 80% ....especially at super chargers.....please pick a stance and stick to it, you and Trad's inconsistencies are rampant. No where in a ICE owners manual does it tell us only fill to 80 ( or 50 % like your above post) ;)
But must people don’t like to run to empty in an ice, thou at Least you can make that call, but need forethought in an ev to charge to 100 percent.

I think at superchargers most charge to 80 cause it charges faster in that range and slows as it approaches 100.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,542  
Gee, I never knew an ICE would last forever if only one "properly maintained". I must hang out on too many forums and have seen too many YouTube videos to have ever figured that out.

Friend got a free new engine in his Kia at 107,000 miles when it threw a rod. Guess he should have changed the oil every 1000 miles rather than 5000.
Grump I must apologize for posting about my new $18K Kia that's been getting 43-44 mpg. Apparently it caused Cysticercosis.
Ivermectin should take care of it.
"Friend got a free new engine in his Kia at 107,000 miles when it threw a rod. Guess he should have changed the oil every 1000 miles rather than 5000."
Well...no...it's a shame he changed the oil at all...a FREE NEW ENGINE at 107K miles!
Viva la Kia...I made the right choice! Maybe Elon will give you a NEW FREE BATTERY at 107K miles! Keep us posted!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,543  
I think at superchargers most charge to 80 cause it charges faster in that range and slows as it approaches 100.
Your exactly right.....and both Grumpy and Trad have made that statement when they want to prove that it only takes 30 minutes to charge on the interstates for eg, or during winter cold batteries situations......and they further call any Tesla owners stupid if they sit at a charger taking up a space waiting for that last 20%.........But of course that actually means range is reduced ( more charger stops) but when they want to boast about long ranges available in these Teslas......they use the 100% to almost zero number........you can't have it both ways. Its misleading advertising at minimum, lies at maximum .

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,544  

When Tesla was falling at the get go. outsourcing everything.
Today they only outsource about 20% of goods needed. I hope Ford and GM get their cost per unit sorted out to the black side.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,545  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,546  
Destroying the EV haters, one fact at a time.
"On average, new EVs had 79% more problems than gasoline-powered vehicles, Consumer Reports' 2023 Annual Auto Reliability survey showed."
...Reuters as per Consumer Reports...

Destroying EV lovers, ICE haters one fact at a time.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,547  
New Vinfast EV VF8 test

If it makes it 10 miles and doesn't blow up or break down, we will allow you to buy it!
ev go fail charging, finally got it to charge,
made it 30 miles screen locked up, SOS warning and parked to reset, then the car would not lock... Finally got the reset to work but now the car will not shut off.

Almost as Good as the V version Yanmar refurbs...

next trip they are using a Model Y as a support / follow vehicle.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,548  
Sure but your avoiding your statement that reccomended to charge to 80% ....especially at super chargers.....please pick a stance and stick to it, you and Trad's inconsistencies are rampant. No where in a ICE owners manual does it tell us only fill to 80 ( or 50 % like your above post) ;)
But ICE folklore teaches one to fill before 1/4 tank "because the fuel pump will overheat and burn out if you do not."

Either way the capacity is there for one to use, if one chooses to.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,550  
But must people don’t like to run to empty in an ice, thou at Least you can make that call, but need forethought in an ev to charge to 100 percent.

Superchargers will charge past 80% if the site is not busy.

Fast DC charging slows starting at 25% (or less) of a full charge. It doesn't just start slowing at 80% but by that time it is very slow compared to what it was at 25%;