Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,561  
I saw some new Pilot/Flying J DCFC stations are charging .64/kwh. If you used those instead of charging at home, ev fueling would cost about the same as an ICEV that gets 15 mpg.

Most superchargers are typically.37/kwh.

Definitely cheaper to charge at home. The beauty of EVs is the ability to fuel at home.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,562  
But your okay that your battery storage gets its lithuim etc mined in third world countries by children .....hmmm View attachment 857475
Pictures of real lithium mines.
But your okay that your battery storage gets its lithuim etc mined in third world countries by children .....hmmm View attachment 857475

pictures of real lithium mines. lithium mine images - Google Search

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,563  
I made the mistake of pre paying at a station where the card reader didn’t work. I thought that last $1.50 worth of diesel was going to kill me it went in so slow. I think the previous 70gallons went faster. lol.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,564  

Diesel gate is now easier to understand and why ICE is dead meat.
What a croc…
Spoiler alert: Your conspiracy video is a collusion, corruption, “deals with the devil”, biased view of the complete German auto industry.
Big industry cartels have nothing specifically inherent to ICE.
Of course you, and your conspiracy video maker, have your own motives for trying to persuade people to think that these big business accusations, are somehow limited to ICE production.

Gee, I wonder what companies make battery cars in Germany?

- BMW Group
- Mercedes-Benz
- Audi AG
- Volkswagen
- Porsche

Oh, look at that.. the exact same corrupt companies ….
But if they make battery cars, they’re good guys.

I imagine you’d like to see a communist Chinese government/corporate battery car parked in every driveway , instead of corrupt, colluding Germany companies, though.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,565  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,568  
Tesla warrants my battery for 120,000 miles. So maybe.
Pity the poor sap who has to replace his out of warranty battery at 120,001 miles..

• Anywhere around $13,000-$20,000 for Models S
  • At least $14,000 for a Model X premium SUV
  • At least $13,000 for a Model 3 entry-level sedan

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,569  
Most superchargers are typically.37/kwh.

Definitely cheaper to charge at home. The beauty of EVs is the ability to fuel at home.
For 37 cents it would be cheaper for most in my city to charge not at home unless you had offsets like solar, time of use, etc.

The PGE rate hikes keep coming…

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,570  

Hertz CEO Stephen Scherr resigns after EV push goes bust​

Scherr’s resignation comes as the car rental company struggles with the higher repair costs and low demand for EV rentals.
I knew someone would post and it shows actions come with consequences.