Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,211  
I take it you already did the 2 button steering wheel reset and tried again?
Yup, 2-button reset. It never prompted but once again says it is downloading the update when in WiFi range.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,212  
Using motorcycle riding experience to justify frequent BEV charging stops?🤔
Please…z

If one of us ICE drivers used such a disconnected , unrelated , jump in logic , you’d be all over it.
Creative uncomprehension. The complete text is:

On street motorcycle I had to stop, get off, walk around, and stretch for 5 minutes every 40 minutes or hour. Can go longer sitting in an automobile but it is still necessary to stop every 2-3 hours no matter what I drive.

On your 9 hour drive try stopping every 3 hours or so. Don't resume until you can touch your toes. You will arrive at your destination in much better shape. I have driven 500 miles nonstop recently. That I can do it, that I have done it, is not the same thing as I should do it.

But where else could I virtue signal my manliness in insisting a vehicle is totally impractical if it can not go 600 miles nonstop just as I am able!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,213  
You don't have to go out and buy an EV to post here. Have you ever ridden in an EV? Have you taken one or more free Tesla test drives?

Some here know both of our daily drivers are EVs yet repeat over and over how how many gallons of gas my FSD expense would buy. The side by side and DR Field and Brush mower need less than 25 gallons annually. The EZGO is another EV.

I have not bought any EV that getting a tax refund was a deciding factor.

I believe one has to own an EV to know it’s intricacies. Many of the EV haters keep posting moronic statements that us owners have dispelled.

Again I would liken it to someone who doesn’t own and operate a tractor giving out advice on tractors.

This topic should be a learning opportunity for those that are contemplating buying an EV. Not for those that have an agenda against EVs.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,214  
No comment on my post 16177, dangers of FSD. People contemplating EV purchase should think of all aspects...not just Elon worshippers.
For fun read "Tesla Motors Club" comments!
Some EV owners here are there also.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,215  
I'm going to take a guess that one reason a good number here don't like the idea of owning an EV is that if their ICE vehicle isn't running as it should or in need of a repair they likely might tackle the fix themselves, take pride that they did the fix, and also save a bit of cash as well. With an EV (computer with wheels) it's not likely the better than average home mechanic will want to work on an EV if it's not functioning properly or needs a repair or test that requires a special tool/software ($$$) to accomplish the repair.

I did find a few Tesla service manuals for those that might have an interest in repairing or servicing their own Tesla

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,216  
Creative uncomprehension. The complete text is:

On street motorcycle I had to stop, get off, walk around, and stretch for 5 minutes every 40 minutes or hour. Can go longer sitting in an automobile but it is still necessary to stop every 2-3 hours no matter what I drive.

On your 9 hour drive try stopping every 3 hours or so. Don't resume until you can touch your toes. You will arrive at your destination in much better shape. I have driven 500 miles nonstop recently. That I can do it, that I have done it, is not the same thing as I should do it.

But where else could I virtue signal my manliness in insisting a vehicle is totally impractical if it can not go 600 miles nonstop just as I am able!
Man, you must have a big gas tank on that bike. I've never heard of a bike with a tank big enough to ride 500 miles without stopping for gas. I usually stop and get gas every 150 miles.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,217  
Creative uncomprehension.

1710119770548.jpeg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,218  
I read a lot of the complaints, naysaying and doom and gloom about EVs and I think most of those people are missing the fact that just like many other new technologies, EVs are still in what I would refer to as the Alpha stage of development. They are little more than a decade old at this point. To put it in perspective, just how much did IC engines and cars advance in the first couple of decades? Not very much. The same can be said for many things we take for granted in daily life. Advances in battery and motor design will doubtlessly make today's EVs look like model Ts by comparison, so don't get your panties all in a twist and swear it's all an evil government conspiracy to make IC vehicles immediately obsolete and outlawed. IC vehicles are going to be around for a long time, as some applications simply will be difficult to replace IC power with electrical power, like in remote areas where no or insufficient electrical power is available.
So, as I see it, if you want to buy an EV, great, but if you don't then don't and stop condemning, whining and complaining about them unless you have first hand knowledge by having owing one.
It's no different than owning a tractor, only those who own, repair or operate them can provide legitimate criticisms of them. The rest are no more than trolls that love to flap their figurative jowls to get attention. That's why I like the ignore feature on these types of forums, I don't feel my time is worth reading the drivel they post.

End of rant.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,219  
So, as I see it, if you want to buy an EV, great, but if you don't then don't and stop condemning, whining and complaining about them unless you have first hand knowledge by having owing one.
"I’m loving my Tesla and knowing the snow flakes tax dollars helped me buy it is icing in the cake."

According to A certain Tesla owner as a tax payer I am a partial owner, that should allow me an opinion.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,220  
"I’m loving my Tesla and knowing the snow flakes tax dollars helped me buy it is icing in the cake."

According to A certain Tesla owner as a tax payer I am a partial owner, that should allow me an opinion.
Even if that were true, that doesn't, de facto, make your opinion valid.

Last edited: