Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,191  
That a poster would relish seeing Tesla “worshippers” sucking hind tit shows you how demented are EV haters mind.

Reason why I put these jacka$$e$ on ignore.
I was going to let this go...but what the hell.

I likely would not say that face to face unless we were good friends and/or had too much to drink. We are conditioned not to tell the truth...especially to snowflakes.

But the reality is I will not be alone in having a bit of celebration if Tesla ends up in trouble like many other EV manufacturers. It is human nature. "Jackasses" like me resent EV tax credits, government mandates and government interference in the car and energy markets.

There are "jackasses" who celebrate the ICE "death spiral"; but I suppose you embrace them as they think like you. Group think is what insecure people wallow in. Heck, you only want people that own EVs to comment on this thread....very telling!!!

You will likely not see this as I am one of the "jackasses" on your ignore list. But someone may quote this post and, in spite of your reluctance to listen to and understand opposing views, may be "enlightened".

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,192  
That a poster would relish seeing Tesla “worshippers” sucking hind tit shows you how demented are EV haters mind.

Reason why I put these jacka$$e$ on ignore.
Seems kind of low brow to me, to proudly put “idiots “ on ignore, but then display an obvious strange enjoyment of constantly sniping theses same “idiots “, using the same school yard insults, from a distance, using second hand quotes.
Obviously afraid to directly interact with others. I guess it makes you feel like you’ve “won” an argument, where you’ve silenced your opponent.
Kinda childish

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,193  
On street motorcycle I had to stop, get off, walk around, and stretch for 5 minutes every 40 minutes or hour.

Using motorcycle riding experience to justify frequent BEV charging stops?🤔
Please…z

If one of us ICE drivers used such a disconnected , unrelated , jump in logic , you’d be all over it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,195  
A car company that enjoys a feel good experience is Subaru...

I'm surprised at the number of Nurses and Doctors I work with drive Subaru.

They like the car well enough but I have heard say they like the company...

Marketing can be very effective...
I don't get the appeal of them, but there's no denying the loyalty of the owners...probably more than any other brand. Test drove one a couple months ago when I was vehicle shopping, and didn't like it, kind of uncomfortable and a bit too quirky for my liking.
As you noted, the power of marketing.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,197  
There’s a reason the Y is the most popular and sold car in the world!

Once you get use to a larger touchscreen with commands at your finger tips you wonder why vehicles even have buttons and dials and levers.

However there are quite a few voice commands that you can use to control many features.

Time to get into the 21st century. Especially getting rid of the dealer mafia network.
Disagree rather vehemently with pretty much everything you said. Touchscreens suck, there's a reason buttons, knobs, etc. have been fixtures in autos for decades. Neither do I want my car listening to everything I say and doing who-knows-what with what it hears.
At least with the "dealer mafia network" you can shop around, not have to deal with a take it or leave it attitude. Can't see how it's an improvement over the "old" way, not how they get away with direct sales when no one else is allowed to.

Nope. Glad you like yours, but it'll be a cold day you know where when I own a tesla. Yeah some of it's a solid dislike of Musk, but it's equally dislike for the vehicles themselves.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,198  
Good for you. I would have bought a Toyota had we not bought the Tesla.
It’s a shame most ICE mfgs can’t build reliable cars after 100 + yrs of making them.
That's a good one considering that EVs seem to rank near the bottom in reliability rankings.
I've never had any trouble finding reliable ICE vehicles.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,199  
Jeeps 'original' Quadra-Trac came out in 1972 :)
Very Good snow rig with it imo
It was amazing seeing others get stuck with wheels spinning and the Quadra-trac would just power through if only one wheel had traction.
Had a Cherokee back in the day… only thing I didn’t like was gas mileage!
Had 2 Grand Cherokees with QT, both were amazing in snow or off road. Ran rings around anything else. Agree the gas mileage left something to be desired, but it wasn't much different than less capable SUVs.
Didn't realize that QT went back that far, thought it was something that came when they bought AMC.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,200  
I remember driving a friend’s AMC Eagle. It was surprisingly good in snow. I guess it was the “original “ 4wd car/ suv crossover