Bar grove and cover cleaning tool

/ Bar grove and cover cleaning tool
I repurposed a laundry detergent bottle for bar oil. It has a handy little valve that's ideal for filling the saw without spilling oil or having to use a funnel.
If you cut a slot in those aluminum jug tops, it pour out nicely. No funnel needed.

/ Bar grove and cover cleaning tool #22  
a putty knife answers all my needs for groove cleaning

/ Bar grove and cover cleaning tool #23  
I carry the re-purposed pointy tipped Slime bottle. Works very well and no oil messes. Everything gets blown out and fueled up for the next use so it's ready at any time.

/ Bar grove and cover cleaning tool #24  
I have a flat bladed screw driver that I've ground down - clean the bar groove. Never worried about the cover. Besides the cover slowly but surely gets ripped to shreds.
Removing and cleaning under the chain-sprocket cover is very important, I’ve never experienced the cover getting damaged but all that crap getting built up under there definitely prevents things from working as well as they could.

/ Bar grove and cover cleaning tool #25  
I repurposed a laundry detergent bottle for bar oil. It has a handy little valve that's ideal for filling the saw without spilling oil or having to use a funnel.
One more point, the laundry jug will hold the entire gallon of bar oil.

/ Bar grove and cover cleaning tool #26  
If you cut a slot in those aluminum jug tops, it pour out nicely. No funnel needed.
I don't remove aluminum foil seal in my chain oil jug, I punch about a 1/4 inch hole in "seal" and use jug as giant squeeze bottle, slow but neat and clean and no need to transfer chain oil from original jug to any other applicator for filling oil...